Spirt139
star2017

Should We Have Different football Teams?

Started: 1/29/2015 Category: Sports

Spirt139

Con

Why should we have two different teams for the same state? We should just have one team to represent the state.
star2017

Pro

We should have multiple teams in state that can support them. This creates energy in the form of rivalries, a bar for people to compare their favorite team that is close, and it can give people choice. Look at California, the raiders and 49ers use to have a great rivalry and the game was better for it because it gave people choice. Some people like to cheer for the underdogs like the raiders or browns and some like to jump bandwagon to bandwagon like the browns at mid-season or Seattle last year. The game of football is not as good without multiple rivalries. Some regional and some national. Like the chargers and raiders is a regional rival and they play twice every year and some national like patriots and colts or Brady versus Peyton.
Spirt139

Con

Wow, I never though of that. It does give people choices but, you have choice and it loses against the other team then you have to go with that team because it's for your state. Also I made this because I got confused for Oregon. I though the Beavers were a different state then the ducks. Then I learned the Beavers and the ducks represent Oregon.
star2017

Pro

Most states have at least two colleges. The debate that you are alluding, i think, is about whether kids should stay in state for school or use the current system. This is due to the high drop rates we see in freshmen that play sports and are out states and it is prevalent because people get dropped for the team or they quit and then they grades suffer and they drop out.
Spirt139

Con

Spirt139 forfeited this round.
star2017

Pro

star2017 forfeited this round.