vgggggggggg
Sovcody2

Should We Join ISIS

vgggggggggg has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

vgggggggggg

Pro

Would you join isis?
Sovcody2

Con

I have many reasons not to join ISIS

#1 Islam
#2 Non-believers are to be killed
#3 Religious Extremism
#4 I don't believe in god

#1 - Islam
The first reason I would never join ISIS, or the main reason many moderate muslims wouldn't voluntarily join ISIS, is that ISIS follows the extreme ends of Islam, such as killing gays, or stoning women, while some moderate muslims do hold these views, never would they think of putting them into practice.

#2 - Non-believers are to be killed
It literally says in the Koran that non-believers are to be killed, hence I could not even join if I wanted to without converting.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

#3 Religious Extremism

Extremism in any ideology is terrible, wether it's the Communists on the left, or the Fascists on the right, there are many ideologies that are fine, such as religion, but when taken to the extreme, and blood is drawn, ceases to exist in my mind as sane.

#4 I don't believe in god

I'm an Athiest, which means I have no belief in any higher being, however I do draw some of my principles of libertarianism from some Religious texts. Never would I lay my life down for such a terrible organisation, when I can take the other side and do my part to take down these bastards!

In the end, ISIS is a terrible organisation, and never, ever, will it be redeemed.
And I'm pretty sure if God was real, sitting up there in all his awesomeness, that he would strange the *******
vgggggggggg

Pro

im gonna bomb your house
Sovcody2

Con

Well in that case, allahu akbar...
Posted by becka_knows_all 1 year ago
becka_knows_all
Yes.