zwalker0412
Freegan13333335

Should We Legalize Gay Marriage?

zwalker0412

Pro

I believe that a marriage is formed by love and by two people thinking that they should be together for the rest of their lives. A Marriage is simply showing the world that they love one another and plan to be together for the rest of there lives.
Freegan13333335

Con

Fistly by legalising gay marriage you are putting ideas into the heads of young people. They need to be made aware of how the two differnet categories have sex first then probably it would make more sense to the young people who would like to form opinions. Being gay is just a fad and its destroying societly as we know it. Its evident that nature would not have it the gay way because two gay people are not able to reproduce. The whole reason we feel love is because of the chemicals being released by our brains into thinking we need to be in love first to reporduce. So this is just sick and disgusting and not at all natural
zwalker0412

Pro

Is not natural" I do apologize but I don't believe that cutting hair or putting on deodorant is natural for our bodies naturally grow hair and naturally release a chemical that causes you to sweat and smell; to cover it up isn't natural. Being gay is not a phase for if a child was born a certain way he cannot fight the feelings in his heart and in his or her brain. Honestly If you had the tables turned where everyone was gay and you liked the opposite sex it would be weird and considered "disgusting and unnatural." Love is a feeling that is released from the brain to simulate a longing or thought of reproduction yes but understand that by saying that everyone that you "fell in love with" was because you wanted to have sex with them. If nature didn't create a man who loved a man or a woman who loved a woman or a man who loved both man and woman then it would be physically impossible for it to ever of existed. No idea comes into a persons head without a little push from nature. I believe that since Nature finally realized that the humans were over populating she gave a little push to a man or woman or both that they should have sex with one of the same sex. In the United States Declaration of Independence it reads "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness." (Preamble, section 2.1) it states that every man woman and child is allowed the Pursuit of Happiness. Which means "Go for what makes you happy." Your Point in saying that "thinking we need to be in love first to reproduce" is also false for there are many teens and adults that have sex and then they get pregnant and never truly loved the person that is there child's father or mother; so there for you do not have to be in love in order to reproduce and that isn't what love is at all. One more thing the statement "Firstly by legalizing gay marriage you are putting ideas into the heads of young people." is something completely controversial for our parents put things into our heads, our friends out ideas into our heads, teachers put ideas into our heads, we are faced with everyone trying to put things into our heads everyday and to say that letting people be happy instead of being in hiding will be putting ideas into young peoples heads and making that a bad thing is completely outrageous! Telling someone that they couldn't be happy and had to hide there real selves and to say that that is even remotely a suggestion is something terrible. I believe that if a child, teen, or adult loves the same sex or wishes to have sex with the same sex then let them for being gay, bisexual, or lesbian is not something they get to choose it is something that they are born with. So let them be happy! Let them be themselves! let them be free! That is what American is all about!
Freegan13333335

Con

It is obvious that modern man has got a lot of modern technologies influencing his life style and that naturally speaking we should be living in the forest as a tribe or as nomads what we are doing is unnatural that's why we are running to the gym to say fit because nature had no intention for humans to sit long hours in front of a screen we are hunter gatherers on a natural level.

Your assumption of the tables turning will always remain one. The fact is to reproduce we need a man and a woman. So what gays and lesbians going by the natural order of things is "disgusting and unnatural " because the whole point of indudiging in a gay or lesbian act is to derive pleasure (sick fetish) to the participants and not to reproduce.

Love is simply the lack of fear and what u are doing is talking about lust because when you see the hooters girl at the bar it is that you are simply lusting for her and don't actually love her .

And your understanding that ideas come after a push from nature is total bull crap because think about it according to your way of thinking bill gates made Microsoft because he got a boner .

And you are referring to the United States Declaration of Independence which was a highly hypocritical document at the time of its publication. According to the declaration of independence all men are equal except blacks Hispanics and Asians. You do realise that the declaration of independence was some drivel written by a couple of slave owners. You do realise that slave owners telling you that all men are equal is the heights of hypocrisy and that it lets you pursue happiness is again drivel because what if my happiness is derived from something that the state prohibits like marijuana or showrooms. So technically I cant pursue what really makes me happy can I?

And your point that everyone should be given to do what really makes them happy would in effect mean that all laws make someone sad like for eg. I like to jack off in public and it makes me happy but the state wont let you jack off would it. So making something that is unnatural and absolutely disgusting as acceptable norm in society only questions the validity of every law in the book.
zwalker0412

Pro

"And your understanding that ideas come after a push from nature is total bull crap because think about it according to your way of thinking bill gates made Microsoft because he got a boner ." Could you please explain this statement for this is completely out of random and truly makes so sense. Bill Gates created Microsoft because he had an insane idea about it; where do ideas come from the brain; almost 99% of the time the brain's ideas come from an outside source which most outside sources are provided by Nature.
Freegan13333335

Con

I like how you only saw one of my many puns and decided to put a wedge in it. But to rationalise it and going by your logic the atrocious tyrants over the years were purely acting as nature intended them to act. So Hitler trying to wipe out the Jews was just natures way of genocide you say. The act of reproduction in our species involves pushing your penis into a woman's vagina and then pulling it back out and doing this in repetition until one arrives at a orgasm. Gays and Lesbians are trying to derive pleasure by merely simulating their sex organs in a manner straight people do . The main natural purpose of this activity is to derive pleasure and if done carelessly or intentionally can result in the woman conceiving. But Gays and Lesbians cant conceive. So the main motive behind their gay or lesbian act is merely to simulate pleasure . The whole world is basically going from pillar to post trying to do something that would end up equating to good sex. Of course there are always exceptions to this and what i am referring to is the great majority of humans and what they aspire for. So when straight people marry it is both a commitment to a life together to conceive children and continue the heritage the intended father and mother would like to leave behind. Now gay and lesbians on the other hand are purely marrying for self sanctification of their egos to a point that they are just trying to be normal when its clearly abnormal for two same sex individuals to get married. I am sure if you was Noah you would not have taken two male monkeys on-board for them to jack each other off would you . All through time males and females are getting married and now a couple of gays and lesbians come along and want to get married because they are felling the pressure of straight people having a family and all of sudden they want to do the same thing but something is missing in it. So stop trying to change what things have meant over the years. And believe me i am all for people to do what they want with their lives its just when they become selfish to change so much of tradition and culture that is being made to look foolish just for whims and fancies of couple gays and lesbians. Girls and Boys get married. Gays and Lesbians simply have to use other means besides marriage to validate the legality of their partnership like unions and sht.
zwalker0412

Pro

Now gay and lesbians on the other hand are purely marrying for self sanctification of their egos to a point that they are just trying to be normal when its clearly abnormal for two same sex individuals to get married." I am going to start with this. Two straight people marry because they want to show the world that they are in love. It is the same for gay and lesbians they just want to show their friends and family that they are in love. They want to feel that happiness that they see on the faces of Straight people; and I will say who are you to judge what is normal and abnormal. Who is to judge what is normal and abnormal? The Church? in the 16th and 17 century they were selling indulgences for repentance. Society? Society has driven people to suicide. I apologize but I honestly believe the only person to judge who is normal or abnormal is the person themselves.

"All through time males and females are getting married and now a couple of gays and lesbians come along and want to get married because they are felling the pressure of straight people having a family and all of sudden they want to do the same thing but something is missing in it. " This honestly makes no sense many gay couples have families. Gay and Lesbian Couples more than often adopt children who's STRAIGHT parents gave up. This brings the number of foster kids or yet to be adopted kids down exponentially. Just because a couple cannot conceive doesn't mean they cannot start a family.

"And believe me I am all for people to do what they want with their lives its just when they become selfish to change so much of tradition and culture that is being made to look foolish just for whims and fancies of couple gays and lesbians" This statement is and I apologize for attacking you directly but is completely pig headed, one sided, idiotic, and completely uneducated. I am sorry but your logic you are calling Amelia Earhart was selfish because she wanted to change tradition and culture. In 1928 Amelia changed the history of aviation the culture of the world and the tradition that only men took long trek flights. or Martin Luther King was selfish too because the tradition and culture during the era of segregation was that African-Americans were not allowed the same rights as Caucasian people. Gay and Lesbian people just want to legally be married so they are given the same rights, titles, etc. as a married straight couple; to deny them this is simply to deny the very foundation that the United States of America was built on.

--------------------------------

I will say The United Kingdom has legalized gay marriage in England and Wales. Why is it that the most old fashioned country which has been around for millenniums has decided that it is ok that they can have the same rights, titles, etc. as a regular married couple.
Freegan13333335

Con

Again you basically make your point from a non logical perspective . You simply ignore my points and make absolutely no sense. Now going by your approach to the way of life there should be no right or wrong and everything is ok as long as you the individual is happy. So hence implying that there is no normal or abnormal. So just for your fancy if you fell in love with your pet male pig you should be able to marry it to show the world how much you actually love your pig and we all being rational people should be acceptable to the fact that your new wife is a male pig and be cool with it( presuming that your a guy.) And now you want to make love to the pig i am sure in your world this would be absolutely normal common its a pig i love i should be able to insert my penis in its rectum and get all the legal benefits of having a male pig as my soul mate. So similarly if I love my pusy cat i should be able to marry it because after all the world need to know how much i love it right. Now the dictionary defines marriage as "the formal union of a man and a woman, typically as recognized by law, by which they become husband and wife." So by you trying to change the meaning of marriage your are there by destroying what it stands for. So if after gays and lesbians can legally marry then it would be inter species clan that comes for the marriage right and then pretty much anybody will want to marry anything just for the heck of it. So lets first understand that the term marriage was coined for men and women becoming one unit now you guys come along without understanding the concept of gender and want to screw thighs up .
zwalker0412

Pro

I do apologize but I do not remember saying anything about legalizing bestiality. I am trying to let the Gay and Lesbian couples of the United States to finally have the same rights as a straight couple. [1]The Dictionary is revised and updated about every year. I also find it completely disrespectful that you decided to compare Gay and Lesbian couples with a bestiality relationship. a bestiality couple is completely different at least the partner has a say in what exactly is going to happen to them sexually; I mean yes animals cannot talk so if you are having sex with an animal then technically are raping the family pet.

I honestly and truthfully believe that a little change such as marriage equality wouldn't be as horrible as you are explaining it to be. I believe that since society is so hooked on Religion and social standards they believe that such things such as marriage equality is something that is sacred and can only be done with a man and a women but its entirely the opposite. People everyday get married and divorce I mean if you wish to look when religion was at its height look at King Henry VIII. The man had 6 wives and divorced them because they wouldst give him a male child. Marriage is no longer a sacred thing its more corrupt then the world of religion now.

I just believe that if two people love each-other to the extent that they can look into one another persons eyes and see there futures together then let them get married. I also believe that such things such as the dictionary definition is an outdated standard as well as the bible which says "a man shall not lay with another man." [2] In old ancient the word lay would mean sex correct but the bible was written 3500 years ago and times have changed.

Love is love and marriage will be marriage no matter who the pastor is uniting. [3] The definition word for word of marriage is "(broadly) any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities" no where in this definition does it say between a man and a woman so marriage no matter who is in it, and I say who because I am against Bestiality, is still "any of the diverse forms of interpersonal union established in various parts of the world to form a familial bond that is recognized legally, religiously, or socially, granting the participating partners mutual conjugal rights and responsibilities"

It is time for society to accept them for who they are for they aren't going anywhere and people like me or the actual gay and lesbian people will continue to fight this.

I ask for the vote in my favor please.

[1]http://wiki.answers.com...
[2]http://www.biblica.com...
[3]http://dictionary.reference.com...
Freegan13333335

Con

The point I am making is that legalizing gay and lesbian marriage would then pave the way for legalizing bestiality is the same way as the gay community started their protest and quest for something that is not one bit natural. Marriage from the time the term was coined only refereed to man and woman and even though the dictionary is updated annually I am sure they are not going to revise the meaning of " Marriage" . Editions are made to add new words into the dictionary like the word "guru" for instance .

The other reason I brought it up was because you are not getting the difference between normal and abnormal.

Your rebuttals have failed to address the indications that you have made about of gay and lesbian are acting as nature intended them to act when its clearly that they are just trying to do what straight people do with their sex organs in a much more disgusting manner. Gays and lesbians have existed for a long time but only now are they trying to get married obviously for the legal perks . AIDS is much more rampant in the gay community purely because they are more sexually promiscuous . So this also validates that the gay and lesbian community are just acting on their fetishes . I conclude that marriage has to left to men and women. A new term has to be coined for what gays and lesbians want to call marriage.
Posted by zwalker0412 2 months ago
zwalker0412
@DragonMan I simply feel strong for this because in the United States if a Gay coupld lives together for i believe it is 4-10 years they are not in what is considered a Governmental Marriage so if something were to happen to your partner then you could legally have the rights of burial and etc.
Posted by DragonMan 2 months ago
DragonMan
@zwalker0412
It is not you I am referring to I am referring to everyone else like you and me who are passionately against this for various reasons but have had too many people for this subject shouting them down and insulting them for having an opinion that differs from their own.
In my case I disagree that gay marriage is required, after all gays have civil unions on the state for all intent and purpose the same as marriage except in name only.
ASll this will do is pander to a ratio of humanity who just want more for no reason
Posted by zwalker0412 2 months ago
zwalker0412
@Dragonman: I'm trying my hardest to get my point across as well as trying to disprove my opponents statements. I do apologize if that is not what you are seeing I will try harder thank you for the feedback
Posted by DragonMan 2 months ago
DragonMan
The problem I constantly see in debates of these types is that many characters are scared to say how they really feel about the subject for fear of being called an ist or labeled.
Posted by zwalker0412 2 months ago
zwalker0412
michaelperry13 I do understand that it isn't going to help my case if I continue to remain long winded. I am trying to get my point across and give my view along my opponents statements but you are truly correct I should try to do this in a much shorter fashion. Thank you.
Posted by kbub 2 months ago
kbub
Freegan133333335 seems a little overboard... troll? Or perhaps Con has repressed gay/lesbian tendencies?
Posted by michaelperry13 2 months ago
michaelperry13
Pro, this is an easy win.

But just so you know, many potential voters would not like the gigantic block-of-text form that your argument has been placed in. Obviously this is not applicable in real, face-to-face debating, so it's completely understandable that you have done it.

But please. I would not want to read that, and neither would you.

Good luck to both sides.