ressiarzeti.elfindo
Beginner

Should We Reject The American Way of Life ?

ressiarzeti.elfindo

Pro

I think we just need to see their culture. We can take the good culture. If negative ? We can learn it, but don't do the negative culture.
I think it's better we're sorting for it.

We can take the ways of life from America like their good habit. They're usually so dilligent. We can imitate it, why must reject it ? It's good habit, right ?
Maybe I disaggre with Free Sex at there. It's worse habit, I think. just reject the bad ways of American Life.

So, I accept it but I'll sorting for it.
Beginner

Con

State your case.
ressiarzeti.elfindo

Pro

Well, i'll explain my arguments. First, why we must reject American Ways of Life ?
We can accept their good habit and just ignore their bad habit.
As you see, American Ways of Life is Humanitarian, Forward Looking, and Optimistic. For Humanitarian, I can give you an example. They have an organization name "Field Notes", where they works with the poor in rural villages in Asia, African, and Latin America. The Organization seeks to lessen the effect of hunger, disease, and poverty.

So, you can see that American Ways of Life is good. Not as bad as think.Their Humanitarian is nice. They not only help the American citizen, but also help citizen from other countries.
Beginner

Con

The American way of life envelops all the habits, good and bad, of the people in (the USA or the Americas? Please clarify or you will become subject to semantic trolling). Taking in the good and rejecting the bad is NOT an acceptance of the American way of life. That would be like eating half a waffle (discarding the other half) and claiming to have eaten the whole waffle. It would be a lie. If I accept half a waffle and reject the other half, I'd be lying if I said that I did not reject the waffle. Rejecting the 'bad' of the 'American Lifestyle' would mean rejecting the American life. Already, my opponent admits that the American way of life requires rejection.
ressiarzeti.elfindo

Pro

ressiarzeti.elfindo forfeited this round.
Beginner

Con

My opponent forfeits. Con wins.
Posted by Beginner 4 years ago
Beginner
I didn't feel like ranting about the problems in the US, semantics ftw! (:
Posted by ressiarzeti.elfindo 4 years ago
ressiarzeti.elfindo
It's about American Ways of Life, so we can talk about their habit, style, or etc. So, what do you think ? Will you reject their ways of life ? Or you accept it ?
Posted by TheElderScroll 4 years ago
TheElderScroll
Would you mind clarifying what constitutes "The American Way of Life?" What would be the parameter of this debate?