DebatePare
Logiq

Should You Eat Noodles? (Important Topic)

DebatePare has forfeited round #2.

DebatePare

Con

Noodles contain lots of Parabens, Synthetic colors, Fragrance, Phthalates, Triclosan, Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) / Sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), Formaldehyd, Toluene, etc. These are also chemicals included in shampoo. They are very harmful to eat. Some people add other chemicals so you don't get sick right after you eat, but you can get a high fever and sick after a month or so, if you eat it almost every week or every 3 days. I encourage you all not to eat noodles every 2, 3, 4, 5, days, or even every month.
Logiq

Pro

First, I would like to thank debatepare for opening this discussion up: food is an important topic and we should question what we eat and drink.

It is true that there is food that is harmful. Whether it be noodles that are best put in our hair than our mouths, or McDonald's burgers that are best put in waste bins than our stomachs. But is it the case that all noodles, or burgers result in ill health? Are all noodles, or burgers made the same way?

I currently live in China, where close to one fifth of the world's population consume noodles often on a daily basis, yet I don't see an epidemic of fevers or sickness, as you claim. What I do see are many healthy people who, according to statistics, live to very old age, with many of the world's oldest people amongst them.

So living on some brands of noodles may indeed harm your health. But just like there is a lot more to chicken than just KFC, there is more to noodles than Pot Noodle.

Don't judge a whole category of food by a small minority of pre-packaged goods.