MarvelShiznit
PowerPikachu21

Should YouTube ban inappropriate channels, or YouTubers?

MarvelShiznit has forfeited round #2.

MarvelShiznit

Con

I am completely against this for several reasons. One, if they ban inappropriate YouTubers, than they would lose half of their funding. Two, I love lots of YouTubers, such as Markiplier, jacksepticeye, and SkyDoesMinecraft, but they use inappropriate language. I think if they were to ban the inappropriate users, than they would in effect be making thousands, if not millions, of viewers very angry. My final reason before I turn loose and let you comment on your opinion, if they were to ban inappropriate users, they would also be required to ban vulgar music and trailers. So they would more than likely be banning more than half of the videos on YouTube. I am posing this debate due to the simple fact that I don't think they should ban inappropriate users, and if they did, they would also be angering me and many, many more people, now and in the future.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

I welcome MarvelShiznit to debate.org, and I accept the challenge. Before I make my statement, we need to clarify what exactly it means to be "inappropriate".

For this debate, inappropriate will be defined as "Not containing suitable material". This can be insulting material, adult content, and other bad things.

My argument is this: What if someone's channel is full of content that only hurts people? This would be considered inappropriate, and the channel should be removed/banned. That's all I'll say for now.
Posted by Omniscient_Debater 5 months ago
Omniscient_Debater
Idk if anyone would/could debate against this, because it is quite evident that YouTube has gone down the slippery slope of pure incompetence by catering to SJWs and taking away money from people who swear, not to mention deleting some of their channels. In my eyes it would be immensely improbable for Pro to win.