jv03
NobodyAtTheGraveyard

Should Youtube be banned in schools

NobodyAtTheGraveyard
Started: 3/14/2014 Category: Technology

jv03

Pro

I believe yes because immature students may do inappropriate actions and may cause a distraction. There more immature students then there are mature but hopefully things change soon and its the opposite
NobodyAtTheGraveyard

Con

What do you mean by banning YouTube at schools? Would you ban teachers from using YouTube as well?
Although YouTube may cause distractions, it is still an amazingly good source of information. If one searches WWII in YouTube, one gets more than a million videos all related to the subject. You want to ban this amazing source of information from schools? It's like banning Wikipedia.
As for distractions, there are many different programs which allow teachers to watch what their students are doing on his/her computer.
jv03

Pro

jv03 forfeited this round.
NobodyAtTheGraveyard

Con

Seeing as my opponent has negated to reply to my arguments, I shall regard the last round as my victory.
Therefore, my arguments stand, unchallenged.
I would also like to add that YouTube is a brilliant place for dyslexic children to understand and enjoy learning the curriculum they have to know for their age-group. Most of these children (or even adults) cannot read without someone helping them, but with YouTube - they only have to click on the link sent to them... And they can listen to a twenty minute lecture about English literature.
So for the arguments above and the ones said in the last round, please oppose the motion.
jv03

Pro

jv03 forfeited this round.
NobodyAtTheGraveyard

Con

Once again, my opponent has failed to respond to my arguments, therefore I shall assume that all of my arguments still stand.
Therefore; I will now summarise my arguments:
1. Great help for dyslexic students.
2. Great source of information.
3. Works for every age-group.

So for these reasons, please oppose the motion. And vote for me. Thank you for the debate.
Posted by Jabuticaba 3 years ago
Jabuticaba
Some people are visual learners, and Youtube can help in such areas.
Posted by LarryStylinson 3 years ago
LarryStylinson
No it should not be banned. Lots of people use it in school including the teachers as well. It helps learning in our generation. It is a good tool and is helpful. Though AT Times distracting.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Except teachers use it as well...
Vote Placed by Relativist 3 years ago
Relativist
jv03NobodyAtTheGraveyardTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture warrants loss of conduct. Con even summarise his arguments in his final round regardless of the annoying forfeits. So conduct to him. Only Con presented his arguments point by point, beyond that the annoying forfeiture of Pro continues.