TatianaGu
July7654

Should abortion be abolished or permitted by law?

TatianaGu

Pro

The abortion debate asks whether it can be right to stop a pregnancy before childbirth. It is a very painful topic for women and men who find themselves facing the moral dilemma of whether or not to terminate a pregnancy. It's one of the most polarising moral issues - most people are on one side or the other, very few are undecided.

I consider myself as a supporter of abortion rights and regard intentional abortion as acceptable in some circumstances. And my first argument will be the following: the right to abortion is a fundamental right of a woman as it’s connected with the right in privacy and freedom in decision-making. The law should stand that if a woman is seeking an abortion that she would have a safe place for it to be performed and it is legal. Many women have either lost their lives or had many complications for seeking out illegal abortions. So, it should be up to the women to make her choice.
July7654

Con

Well, I'm against of abortions and I really think it should be abolished. One of the main reasons for it is inhumanity of this procedure. Abortion is murder. The killing of an innocent human being is wrong, even if that human being has yet to be born. Why not to think about the rights of the unborn child? A human individual is created with a unique genetic identity that remains unchanged throughout his or her life. This individual has a fundamental right to life, which must be protected.

TatianaGu

Pro

Firstly, as I have already mentioned the choice over when and whether to have children is central to a woman's independence and ability to determine her future. It also empowers women by giving them control over their own bodies. Secondly, responding to your point, personhood or the real recognition of the embryo as a person begins after an embryo is able to survive outside the womb or even after birth, so we can’t speak about his rights because he hasn’t already have them. Embryos are not independent, self-determining beings, and abortion is the termination of a pregnancy, not a baby. And finally, my next argument: access to legal and professionally-performed abortions reduces the injury and death of women caused by unsafe and illegal abortions. By the way, according to The World Health Organization, the unsafe abortions cause 68,000 maternal deaths worldwide each year, many of those in developing countries where safe and legal abortion services are difficult to access.

July7654

Con

You’ve just mentioned that women can suffer from illegal and unsafe and illegal abortions. But they also can be injured psychologically and physically from legal abortions, because it's a really big danger for the organism of the women. Some women even can’t get pregnant any more. I also must say that abortions reduce the number of adoptable babies. Instead of having the option to abort, women should give their unwanted babies to people who cannot have them. People need to take responsibility for their actions and accept the consequences and I think that he unborn baby should not be punished for mistakes made by his parents. I also want to give you a thought to consider:the original text of the Hippocratic Oath, traditionally taken by doctors when swearing to practice medicine, forbids abortion. I believe that doctors violate the moral principles of their jobs.

TatianaGu

Pro

I must disagree with you on the point that women who make abortions can suffer psychologically. There was a studying in the USA that found out that women who receive abortions are less likely to suffer mental health problems than women denied abortions. Here’s the link to see: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/256488797_Women's_Emotions_One_Week_After_Receiving_or_Being_Denied_an_Abortion_in_the_United_States

There are some, cases, when women became the victim of rape and got pregnant. So, in such case women do not want to have a remembering of the crime that they had suffered and the abortion is like a remedy for them.

Also, in our modern world work highly-professional doctors with modern equipment and they always can help the woman and give true predictions how the abortion will affect their future pregnancies. Moreover, in some cases abortions save women. For example, when the birth of the child can do harm for a woman or when the embryo has some abnormalities or when we have a teenage pregnancy.

Then, speaking about adoption, it’s also a very doubtful question. On the one hand, we do safe the child, but on the other hand the woman who gives her child may suffer even more than if she would had taken the abortion. And the adoption is not a guaranty that the child will get normal conditions and will not suffer in the adoptable family.

Then, if the abortion is performed for medical reasons, it is only for the good of the woman. If not, then the doctors perform their duties. Just imagine: if the doctor refuses, the woman will go and do abortion illegally, which like I said before, is very dangerous. That’s why I think we mustn’t touch doctors in our debate.

So, all in all, people care about life and about doing their best for people they love. I think that abortion is the possible solution when the woman's life is at risk and when there is a range of circumstances in which abortion is the only possible way. Women should have the right to choose, so abortions should be permitted by law.
July7654

Con

I still think that abortion shouldn't be legalized and that it’s wrong. It is well-known fact that no one religion permit to kill the baby. Every human being is important. Baby is a gift. The legalization of abortion sends a message that human life has little value. That’s why, I’m against of abortions and think that they are immoral.

Posted by CrypticIndividual 9 months ago
CrypticIndividual
@NDECD The amount of cells something possesses does not have anything to do with whether something should be able to be killed.

@TatianaGu I am going to try and explain all of your arguments, I apologize if I miss any. First of all, it is a woman's choice if they get an illegal abortion, doctors don't need to do the morally wrong to prevent a woman from doing something that is evidently her choice. Putting children up for adoption is also not a bad idea. If you put a kid up for adoption, you will not be reminded of it. You are giving it to someone who wants it, you don't need to have the child killed in order to try to keep the memory of rape out of your head. I do agree with you on the fact that if it would harm the woman who wants to have the abortion in a severe way to not have the abortion, they should have the right.
Posted by NDECD1441 1 year ago
NDECD1441
If I could, i would have voted for Pro. Con, just so you know, a fetus isnt human yet. Unless, of course, you consider a bunch of cells human. However if you have that belief, first of all, whats wrong with you, and second, a human has much more cells than a fetus so.... the fetus is a mutant then. Face it. It aint a human.
Posted by John_C_1812 1 year ago
John_C_1812
Abortion is a self-incriminating confession to the act of Medical Gender specific Amputation? So should a medical gender specific amputation which involves a disruption to an ongoing human life be legislated as illegal?

In order to move this debate to an impartial decision the risk of a woman's health must be fully included. Shaping the question to do we have a right to delegate capital punishment of a woman publicly with judicial separation for the common welfare of all people?