Tumblrnatic
MattyJi

Should abortion be illegal

Tumblrnatic

Con

No, because when does a fetus become a live person. Then you are killing a human
MattyJi

Pro

Yes, as for when does life begin? At conception/fertilization. Our bodies are made of living tissue and cells not matter how great or small they may be. We all love how we can justify sending a rover to Mars looking for that spec of life in a chip of ice, yet our ability to comprehend that same size cell in one's body does not constitute the same level of understanding is beyond my ability to understand it.

All matters important to society/humanity begin at protecting life.
Tumblrnatic

Con

A fetus becomes a living thing as soon as it has been fertilized and then it would be classified as murder in my eyes anyway. Potential for the aborted baby to have been the next einstein
MattyJi

Pro

MattyJi forfeited this round.
Posted by CharlotteWestbury 1 year ago
CharlotteWestbury
No, but I do believe you should be massively fined if you have more than one abortion. I also think that it shouldn't be fully the mother's choice as to whether she wants the abortion or not. I think the father should have a say, also. I think we should treat potential abortions like a case where there should be an official to oversee it and decide whether there should be an abortion or not (if mother and father disagree).
Posted by Kane3 1 year ago
Kane3
People will always find a way around things. An example is when they managed to smuggle in alcohol during Prohibition. My point is, no matter whether you make this illegal, some people will always find a way around it. They may have their abortion in secret, which is more dangerous as the equipment used isn't properly sterilised. I agree that there are other options, but why should we stand in the way when it is essentially the woman's choice?
Posted by TBR 1 year ago
TBR
Con answered his question wrong, and is debating pro-life vs pro-life...
Posted by nirvana94 1 year ago
nirvana94
Regardless of whether or not abortion is legal, they are still going to happen. It'd be better for a woman to safely get the procedure, than have to resort to other things.
Posted by HarrisonJHamilton 1 year ago
HarrisonJHamilton
Wether you believe abortion is morally wrong or right, I do not believe government should be able to tell you either way