ReasonFirst
its.chandler

Should abortion be legal for anyone who wants it?

ReasonFirst

Pro

I am going to argue that abortion should be legal for anyone who so desires to have one.

i would like to keep the religious argument out of it since we are debating legality and we ALL know about seperation of church and state.
its.chandler

Con

I will be debating that abortion should not be legal.

Thank you for not adding religion to this debate. I completely agree with you.
ReasonFirst

Pro

Alright I will start by presenting my side.

I believe abortion should be legal for anyone who wants one because;

1. A woman"s body belongs to her and her alone. She should be free to do what she thinks is necessary for her body and for her overall health in all situations.

2. The fetus is not yet a human being because it cannot survive outside the uterus on its own. Thus by aborting the fetus you are not committing murder. Abortion should not be considered murder if the fetus is not self-sustaining and requires the mother"s body and physical resources to survive. The medical field actually calls that type of matter a parasite. Parasites can sometimes be very dangerous to the body. It can grow deformed, or even early on in the pregnancy one could experience their own body actively trying to self abort the baby. The body of the mother is therefore the first priority and it should be her choice as to what she endures both mentally and physically.

3. Lastly, In cases of rape or incest. We know that insect can and does produce very deformed human off spring. As well as a danger to society. Plus in the terms of rape, That baby would be a constant reminder, for the woman, that she was sexually assaulted and she now will be forced to care for the symbol of that assault. You would learn to love that assault. Which I ask is the greater torture in that aspect? I would argue that the babies of cases like these face a higher risk of neglect and or abuse from their mothers for obvious reasons.

Now my opponent will likely say that the fetus is a human, so that means it is murder. That however is a claim I have already shown to be incorrect. She may also say something along the lines of the baby could have great potential, yea and a skin cell on your nose had potential to be a completely separate person on its own. potential means nothing with out follow through. Everyone has potential to be something but if you don't follow through you wont achieve it. Thus potential is not a valid response or reason to make abortions illegal.

Making abortion illegal infringes on a women's medical rights as a human being. If the US made abortion illegal, how could men masturbate still. Wouldn't killing the seed itself be a form of murder as well?
its.chandler

Con

1. I agree, the woman is free to do what ever she wants with her body, but once the fetus is growing, that's its own body.

2. The fetus is human because it has a heart beat. Therefore when you have an abortion it is committing murder.
Some people have the theory that a child in the mother"s womb is not living until you can hear/see the heartbeat. There are 37.2 trillion cells in your body, we all start with a single cell. Whether you have one cell or trillions of cells, they are all living, therefore a baby in their mother"s womb is a living person. As of that, no matter what time you get an abortion, it is still killing a child.

3. Some people may ask the question, what if the mother was raped? The child still has the right to live. Instead of killing the baby the mother should go through with the pregnancy. Some mothers, when they see their child for the first time, they realize how much they love him/her. The mother could decide to keep the baby or give up for adoption. Now what if the mom got an abortion. She would have never seen her baby's face, and would have never got a chance to love it.

4. For one, masturbating is one of the grossest things that a guy could ever do, But I agree with you, it wouldn't be murder because it isn't even a fetus yet, there isn't even a heart beat. Your example is like saying, you cut a seed to a tree in half, is it killing the tree?
ReasonFirst

Pro

ReasonFirst forfeited this round.
its.chandler

Con

Awww! why did you forfeit!!! lol
Posted by Debater12345678910 1 year ago
Debater12345678910
Vote for my debate!PLS
Con
Posted by its.chandler 1 year ago
its.chandler
Nah your gonna win! Your a way better debater than me!
Posted by ReasonFirst 1 year ago
ReasonFirst
you just might win this one hopefully they think i made my case in the argument i did post lol
Posted by its.chandler 1 year ago
its.chandler
Yeah I know! I was waiting forever!
Posted by ReasonFirst 1 year ago
ReasonFirst
i completely forgot to post my last round lol oh well.
Posted by its.chandler 1 year ago
its.chandler
ReasonFirst

Your welcome! I'm ready
Posted by ReasonFirst 1 year ago
ReasonFirst
its.chandler

Thanks for the accept ready for round two!