SocialDemocrat
SacredBread

Should abortion be legal in all 50 states of the U.S? (Before the nervous system is fully developed)

SocialDemocrat
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

SocialDemocrat

Pro

I am arguing that abortion before the development of the nervous system is finished should be legal in all 50 states.
For the first clarify that you understand your position. Then there will be 3 rounds to argue or give rebuttals as you see fit. If you are using any specific fact from any source cite the source at some point.
SacredBread

Con

I say NO it should not be legal, i only see it able to be legal is if it's Rape, Other then that it was their choice to have sex, and they know the consequences of that action/s .
SocialDemocrat

Pro

For the first round of argument I will just provide my main reasons for being pro choice.
Keep in mind two things this debate excludes abortions after the nervous system is finished developing and where the baby is able to feel pain. Also I am not pro abortion, I am pro choice, pretty much no one is pro people being encouraged to get an abortion.
So firstly, I believe women have a right to get an abortion if they decide to simply because they have the right to. In the US people have the right to do anything they please, as long as it does not directly take away other people's rights.
Abortion does not actively take away the rights of any people. So in a secular nation, if a woman does not want to endure the 9 month birth process and have to go through a birth then they should not be forced to.
The thing with abortion after the nervous system is pretty much fully finished developing is that at that point it really is a human being, as in, they can feel, they have a working brain, they can move. However when the nervous system is not finished developing it is not a human simply because they have no thoughts, no feelings, they have an immunity to pain, so aborting the fetus before they have these qualities is not murder.
I believe that females have a right as a human being to not go through the birth process and abort the fetus, because there is not enough reason to take this right from them in a secular nation where you have a right to do anything that does not take away the rights of anyone else.
SacredBread

Con

Well like my previous statement. If they want to go and have S-x then they know the consequences.
SocialDemocrat

Pro

So you did not provide any new arguments so I have to ask, if abortion is murder and an embryo qualifies as a human, that would make taking a morning after pill murder then right? If you answer know you are contradicting yourself.
SacredBread

Con

I uh Oh uh uh uh i uh well played. I cant argue with that
SocialDemocrat

Pro

Well I mean what are your other objections to abortion.
SacredBread

Con

That its cruel and in humane, We are killing Innocent helpless beings. Even if they are not fully developed it's cruel. If you dont want the baby put it up for adoption. At least then it would be loved and cared for, Not murdered.
Posted by SocialDemocrat 1 year ago
SocialDemocrat
Oh, sorry.
Posted by Linkstart 1 year ago
Linkstart
Sorry Social. I was not talking about you.
Posted by SocialDemocrat 1 year ago
SocialDemocrat
Well I am not picking and choosing, a fetus is not a person.
A being with a developed nervous system, feelings, and an ability to feel pain, I consider that a human, its not picking and choosing.
Posted by Linkstart 1 year ago
Linkstart
You cant pick and choose abortion. Its either for everyone or no one.
Posted by SocialDemocrat 1 year ago
SocialDemocrat
it finished developing about 16-25 weeks in. 26 weeks in it can feel pain.
Posted by Acornlad 1 year ago
Acornlad
Before anyone accepts this debate, can we agree on when the nervous system develops in a fetus?
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
SocialDemocratSacredBread
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro offers his reasons why abortion should be legal in the 2nd round. Con essentially opts not to argue in the 2nd and 3rd round stating "well played. I can't argue with that". I believe this tips the win in Pros favor.