Should abortion be legal in the US?

I believe that abortion should be legalized in the United States. The first round is strictly for acceptance.

This round is strictly for acceptance.

Thank you for discussing abortion with me on this oh-so fine day! I hope we can keep the conversation friendly and not accuse anyone of being Hitler (it actually happens more often than you"d think).

Some common misconceptions about abortions is that abortions are only performed by teens who were too lazy to use birth control. This is not at all true. Only a small percentage of abortions are performed on people aged less than 20. For the small amount of people who do have abortions as teenagers, they are usually aged 18-19. Sixty percent of abortion patients already have a child, and know the responsibility of caring for one. In fact, they often cite the reason for having an abortion is because they need to care for their other child.

Abortions have become very concentrated among poor women. In 2008, more than 4 in 10 abortion patients had incomes below the national poverty line. Although foster homes are available in these situations, there were 1.2 million abortions performed in 2008 in the US alone. That"s 3,322 a day. 830.5 abortions are performed a day on patients who are below the poverty line.

In extremely rare cases, the mother"s life may be at risk if an abortion is not performed. This is again, no common occurrence. If the mother is raped (which is also rare), she may not feel comfortable giving birth to another"s child. The mother may not be in a good financial situation at that time. A study showed that one of the main reasons for an abortion was because the child would interfere with work, another being the parent could not care for the child.

Alright alright, I"ve gone through the advantages of legalizing abortion, but now it"s your turn to convince me it should not be legal. And again, thank you for debating with me!

whatever this is pointless.

My wooden heart is deep in your mother.

She likes my wood very much. I love with all my heart.

You are a badman
Posted by MyWoodenHeart 2 years ago
Oh my...
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
My daughter said to me once. Why kill the baby, kill the rapist.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
Government can give you the legal right to do something, but they cannot give you the moral right to do it.
Posted by Dragonfang 2 years ago
There is a difference between "Is" and "Ought/Should".
Posted by Billclinton321 2 years ago
Yes, but only in the subject of rape.
Posted by Domr 2 years ago
abortion is legal in the united states.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Basically a forfeiture.