prepsexpot69
katieJ8

Should abortion be legal -- no strings attached?

Con Tied Pro

prepsexpot69

Con

Abortion should be put under VERY restrict use.

I do not believe that abortion should be accessible to just any person that is pregnant. Abortion is one of the most horrible acts a human being can take. Men can be just as guilty of abortion by convincing the woman carrying the developing embryo to have it surgically removed. Yes, an embryo is not "living on its own" and is not self-sufficient/self-caring. Yes, it is not breathing, eating, talking, moving on its own, but the embryo is still living no matter what.

On another note, pregnancy could be considered a virus because a virus in parasitic, but a virus is intended to shorten life and intended to cause damage to any living being. Viruses live off of your body, growing to a more intense strength and try to take you over. Yes, a developing embryo is parasitic upon the hosting mother body. However, we understand that pregnancy is our way of reproduction, so parasitic definition is completely invalid and should not even be argued.

In my own eyes, I do not believe that abortion should be allowed except under inescapable problems or circumstances. If the developing child is killing the mother, of course, abortion is really the only answer unless you want to lose the developing child and the mother all in one hit. Known almost to every ounce of my knowledge, no woman wakes up one morning and says, "Today is the day I am going to be raped. Yes, yes. I am going to make sure I am impregnated today against my will."

On the contrary, if some half-wit, hormonal teenager decides to lay down and let someone have sexual intercourse with them and not wear a condom or use any birth control, taking no measures to try and prevent pregnancy, then that person should stand up and take care of the child they created. No one should be able to "get off with a slap on the wrist" for choices they made just to satisfy their inner emotional and sexual urges.

Thus, this ends my first round of backing my Con of Abortion.
katieJ8

Pro

Abortion should be a choice. It is a woman's right to do what she wants with her body. What do you know as a guy anyway?
prepsexpot69

Con

What do I know as a guy? That is a very good question.

Being of the male gender, it does hinder me from every fully knowing the burden of carrying a child that I do not want or did not expect to be having. However, think of the couples out there that cannot have children. How do you think they feel?

Some men out there are sterile and cannot even attempt to have children. Being a man myself, I am not sterile, but I do know an individual who is. He has wanted a child with his wife, but he cannot ever have a child biologically his. He will never known the true feeling of being a sole part of a being. Yes, he can care for a child that is not truly his and be a great father figure -- and that brings me to my rebuttal.

Every embryo that is aborted is a potential child that my friend, or any other couple who cannot have children for any certain reason, could adopt. They could love the child, care for the child, raise them up under great values, and send them on in the future to live healthy, wise lives. Every single embryo deserves the chance to develop and become a fully functional embryo. How would you like it if someone took your life in an instant for no reason at all except for selfish wants?

No life is too little precious. No life is unimportant. Yes, the embryo developing inside the mother's body is not able to support itself and live on its own, but neither were you. How do you think you got here? Two people shared love together and created you from the fruits of their womb.

No one should be punished for a person's "mistake" -- including a child that is unborn yet. There are very SLIM circumstances that I would even consider agreeing on abortion with. If you were raped, then yes, you should have the option of abortion. However, I do not agree with it at all. I think, even if you were raped, you should at least try and carry out the pregnancy and put the child up for adoption. The child could grow up with a loving family that WANT a child; that want a normal life with a normal family.

However, if the child growing inside the woman is killing her, then that is the only instance I would have no disagreement on abortion. If the zygote inside the mother's body is attacking her, making her weak, and threatening her very existence, then the option for extraction should be openly available. No person should have to die for the life of another.

To reiterate:
**If the child is threatening the body, then that should be the only time abortion should be allowed -- no questions asked.
**If the individual was raped, but is in no danger of losing their life, then abortion should be allowed as an option, but carrying out the pregnancy and giving the child up for adoption should also be strongly considered -- after all, it is not the child's fought that the individual was raped, either.
**If the woman is just simply pregnant from fooling around unprotected, then she should be forced to go through the pregnancy and give up all rights to an adoption agency so the child can have a chance at a loving, full life. If a woman can lie down and take it, she should be able to stand up, show responsibility, and deal with the repercussions of her actions.
katieJ8

Pro

katieJ8 forfeited this round.
prepsexpot69

Con

I stand by my argument. No rebuttal is needed. If I had some other form of supporting factors from my opponent, I would make my argument. As it stands, they have forfeited the second round, so I have nothing else to say.
katieJ8

Pro

katieJ8 forfeited this round.
Posted by mmadderom 9 years ago
mmadderom
"madderom-okay, no one asked you?"

No one had to ask me. This is a public opinion forum. And what I stated is accurate, what you stated is incorrect.
Posted by prepsexpot69 9 years ago
prepsexpot69
I find my statement is true from personal involvement. A good friend of mine was never adopted and just went out on their own. They were orphaned at age 2...at AGE TWO...and at that young age, he was never adopted. He was only two, yet no one wanted to adopt him because he was not younger. Two is a good amount of time, but still. SOMEONE should want to adopt him. Don't you think?

That is the underlying tone of my argument. I do NOT like abortion because of the fact that those children COULD be adopted. Like mmadderom stated, it is shown that the number of couples waiting in line for a newborn adoption quadruples the amount of women that decide to have abortion annually. Many women just jump the gun and have an abortion. Half the time, it is the pressure from the male who inseminated the female.

The way I see it, if you can lie down and take it willingly, and pregnancy happens, then you should have TWO options. Both the man and woman who had the consensual sex should have to take care of the child in question and come together OR they both need to sign over the rights. NO abortion should be allowed to someone who "made a mistake". That's like having your cake and eating it, too.

And we all know THAT doesn't happen.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
madderom-okay, no one asked you?

prepsexpot-yah it is horrible, just think about someone who moved from home to home all their lives or hasnt even been givin a chance!
Posted by mmadderom 9 years ago
mmadderom
"yah but think about it, that child has like 1 out of 20382034203750237502835028348 chances to be adopted"

Absolutely wrong. That child has a 100% chance of being adopted. The waiting lists for newborns to adopt is far greater than the number of abortions performed every year.
Posted by prepsexpot69 9 years ago
prepsexpot69
That is a valid point. I feel horrible for those kids. Honestly, though, the way most couples think, they want to raise the child from birth or at least very early infant stage. That is how the USA ticks at the moment and there is nothing we can do on that.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
yah but what about the other older kids who have lived in a foster home their whole life?
Posted by prepsexpot69 9 years ago
prepsexpot69
I understand what you are saying. Here's what I believe though.

*The children already in foster homes are toddlers or older. Most families now are looking for a newborn to adopt.

*Also, I knew that at one time they adoptive parents MAY lost the child because of the biological mother deciding down the road that she wanted the child back. Now, I know there is law preventing, in any case, the mother regaining ANY rights to the child. At birth, she signs a long legal document preventing her from ever having currently or getting in the future parental rights or ability to have right to see the child. Nothing of the sort. They had to make this law because of exactly what you were stating WAS happening. Often.
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
yah but think about it, that child has like 1 out of 20382034203750237502835028348 chances to be adopted, look at all the children in foster homes and such that arent adopted. Truth is that its soooooooooooooooo much harder to adopt in america than it is in any other country because the birth mother can give the child up, but down the road they go through emotional distress and all this other crap and actually have a case that can go to the courts and most likely the child will be taken off their adoptive parents and givin to their cracked out mother or something.

but i totalyyy understand where your comming from, and i appreicate you bein very mature, some ppl on this website are just so immature about things its redicious
Posted by prepsexpot69 9 years ago
prepsexpot69
toria_2metal:

I understand that this is how you feel, but think about it. Should she not at least think it over for adoption? Should she not give some deserving family a chance for a family? The woman's baby could be just the right baby they want.

Why not think of it in a wide open spectrum?
Posted by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
because, shes carrying the baby, thats why it should be her choice. end of story.
Vote Placed by prepsexpot69 9 years ago
prepsexpot69
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied
Vote Placed by oboeman 9 years ago
oboeman
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied
Vote Placed by bigbass3000 9 years ago
bigbass3000
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied
Vote Placed by toria_2metal 9 years ago
toria_2metal
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied
Vote Placed by mmadderom 9 years ago
mmadderom
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied
Vote Placed by Richard89 9 years ago
Richard89
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied
Vote Placed by righty10294 9 years ago
righty10294
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied
Vote Placed by kenicks 9 years ago
kenicks
prepsexpot69katieJ8Tied