BEaPATRIOT
Kiko700

Should abortion be legal?

BEaPATRIOT

Con

I believe abortion should be illegal under every circumstance.
I will give the opponent the privilege of having the first argument.
Cheers!
Kiko700

Pro

Hello,

It should be legal if the embryo is endangering the mother's life, the mother should have the right to live even it means taking an unborn embryo life's away.

America should concentrate on giving teens sexual education and access to contraceptives, they will have sex anyways and it's always good to be safe than sorry.
BEaPATRIOT

Con

First, lets know that the cases where the mother is going to die accounts for LESS than 1% of all abortions.
If the mother is so sick that she can't give birth, how is she healthy enough to have the baby surgically removed? The mother has a high risk of death during a abortion and her sickness just increases the chances of death.

Public schools do have sex ED. classes, it is the parents responsibility to teach kids that sex before marriage is wrong. This generation has no responsibility whatsoever, everybody's mindset is "do whatever you want and let someone else take the fall" that is exactly what happens in abortion, abortion is a way to get out of the consequences of having sex out of marriage. Why should a innocent baby be punished for someone else's irresponsibility?
Kiko700

Pro

Well it should only be legal for the "less than 1%" of cases. Mothers will have forced abortions and some will die but we can't promote the killing or healthy embryos.
BEaPATRIOT

Con

I'm assuming you meant to say "of" in your last sentence.
You have not made a argument on why it should be legal for the "less than 1%".
I made my argument, kindly make yours.
Kiko700

Pro

It should be legal when it's endangering the life of the mother because I favor a woman's life than an unborn embryo's life that if able to survive at birth will live without a mother.

Women will have abortions anyways, but we should at least provide it if the embryo is engangering her life and she can take an abortion. Some argue that it should also be legal in the case of incest, rape and healthy choice but that's encouraging killing of embryos.
BEaPATRIOT

Con

Tons of children live without mothers, that is just the world we live in. Sure, women will have abortions anyway, criminals will kill anyways, thief's will steal anyway, gangs will graffiti anyway, and people will speed anyways. That is a invalid argument.
What if the doctor is wrong?
Doctors are human, and they are not always 100% accurate, so what if you are killing a baby that could have been born at neither the mother nor the child's expense?
Back to my argument you haven't addressed yet; "If the mother is so sick that she can't give birth, how is she healthy enough to have the baby surgically removed? The mother has a high risk of death during a abortion and her sickness just increases the chances of death."
Kiko700

Pro

"Back to my argument you haven't addressed yet; "If the mother is so sick that she can't give birth, how is she healthy enough to have the baby surgically removed? The mother has a high risk of death during a abortion and her sickness just increases the chances of death.""

Up to the doctor, most of the time the woman is able to choose between her life and the baby's life.
BEaPATRIOT

Con

"Up to the doctor, most of the time the woman is able to choose between her life and the baby's life."
How is that up to the doctor? That is just nature. The doctor doesn't choose whether or not the mother is sick! What I said was :"If the mother is so sick that she can't give birth, how is she healthy enough to have the baby surgically removed? The mother has a high risk of death during a abortion and her sickness just increases the chances of death."
It doesn't add up, how would a already sick mother benefit from something that would make her more sick? That is like saying two negatives equal a positive. It just does not work.

It has been a pleasure debating this topic with you and i hope to have more great debates just like this one in the future.

Let me leave you with this quote: "Even though you can"t see them or hear them at all, a person"s a person"no matter how small." (Yes that is from; Horton Hears a Who, The elephant who risked his life to save that tiny speck)
Kiko700

Pro

Thanks for the debate. I will not post any rebuttals as it is closing and you will not have the chance to respond.
Posted by BEaPATRIOT 3 years ago
BEaPATRIOT
@theliberal1219
kindly read my argument, i address your issue.
Posted by Kiko700 3 years ago
Kiko700
Im not for on demand abortions, i'm talking about contraceptives and life threatening abortions. Teens will have sex either way, its better to give them contraceptives than an abortion later on. Also an embryo is not a baby, it is completely dependent on the mother until a certain time inside her.

I live in a country where abortion is on demand, and in some provinces completely paid by the government. I'm against it but It has improved the quality of life of our future generation.
Posted by joshmarsh1996 3 years ago
joshmarsh1996
So if someone decides to have sex then they should reap the consequences and have the baby right? They knew what was going to happen. Why should the innocent baby be the one to die?
Posted by Kiko700 3 years ago
Kiko700
It's not 1960 Josh. Teens have sex even if you smash a bible deep down their brains.
Posted by joshmarsh1996 3 years ago
joshmarsh1996
We cannot agree with killing of any kind and we also should not be saying that having sex before marriage is okay. If any kid is able to access a condom and birth control pills then that is saying "hey have a great time go have sex. Dont worry though it's 'safe'" We should not be teaching kids this.
Posted by theliberal1219 3 years ago
theliberal1219
If abortion was outlawed, then women who would die from pregnancy complications WOULD die. That's "murder" if you ask me. I do not believe abortion is murder.
Posted by profmuluka 3 years ago
profmuluka
we cannot condone or promote killing, intentional killing that is, for that is what abortion is