LiliAnna
ArhangheluDanyel

Should abortion be legal?

LiliAnna

LiliAnna

Con

Abortion should not be legal because of many reasons. First, women need to think about their unborn babies who are not responsible for this situation. These unborn babies should have the privilege to live and grow into a normal person. It could also be a risk for the mothers health. It can expose various dangers and she could lose fertility.nWomen who have abortions often suffer major psychological damage from the experience along with, in some cases, the father of the child. Abortion is a form of murder and demeans the human life. Many people can say that it is a form of birth control, but abortion also shouldn't be permitted in that way either. There are many couples who spend years on waiting lists trying to adopt a child.
ArhangheluDanyel

Pro

Abortion should be legal. A woman can do whatever she desires with her body, whether it's good or not. If the the woman with a baby in her womb finds out that she has a disease that could kill/affect the baby she should take in consideration the abortion. She could give birth to a child with handicap that will die later. I think it would be better if she will put her baby out of its misery. This way is better for her baby. I don't think that abortion is "a form of murder". It's a will that could save some lives from horrible death. Let's think of another scenario. A teenage girl that's pregnant and her body it's undeveloped and it's not able to give birth. I would not let that girl spawn a gonna-die-later-while-suffering child. Let's think of another scenario. A woman who takes drugs or smokes or drinks alcohol constantly while pregnant. Would you like to permit that woman to give birth to that poor little guy/girl? Let's think of another thing, not everybody can afford a baby. Whether we're talking about the money or the time those parents do not have, not 100% of this planet's people can have a baby. Okay, they could give their baby to another family, a family that desires a baby but cannot make one. If a woman cannot afford a baby or cannot donate it I think this way is better. Abandoning or killing the baby while it lives it's sad... Abortion should be legal because it's a form of liberty, too.
LiliAnna

Con

It is true that a woman can do what she wants with her body, but it is not the baby's fault if she chose to drink or smoke during her pregnancy. Abortion is also a way for a woman to get rid of a child at risk, but this can be used for severe reasons only. If the mother can not afford the baby, she could just give it up for adoption. If abortion is the only choice for the mother, then I guess she can because she is at risk. Abortion is a form of murder because the baby IS alive in the mothers womb.
ArhangheluDanyel

Pro

Well, I do not consider it murder. As long as you kill a person in suffering and put him out of his misery. It's like euthanasia. If a person has a terminal disease that's impossible to cure that eats your body from the inside I think it would be better to kill himself (in a medical way, not like shooting him the head and stuff)...
LiliAnna

Con

The only reason why a baby should be aborted is if he/she has a serious disease like you said, that could kill it. It does NOT matter if you consider it murder or not, what matters is that the baby is ALIVE inside the mothers womb. It is not at all like euthanasia because the baby can feel as it is being killed and let's out a silent scream.
ArhangheluDanyel

Pro

Of course, I will not tolerate this kind of abortion:" Agh, I wanna kill the baby because this is it, lol." But other than that I'm not against it. The way I see it it's this: if a mother would want to kill her baby she should have a good reasons (like all of those I've said earlier). She should sign a paper for it and the doctors should read that paper and after approving it they should perform the abortion. Of course, the baby in his mother's womb is alive and will feel the pain of being killed, but the mother and the father do not feel a strong relationship due to the fact that the baby it's not fully developed and cannot talk, cannot do stuff and cannot think. So the pain will be smaller than the pain of killing your child while it's alive and it's out and lives in this world (or see him dying or being eaten from the inside by the disease). I'm neither a woman nor a doctor, so I'm not the expert here to analyze every single detail (or know every single detail) but, in my opinion, abortion should be legalized due to the fact that it can be helpful, it can get rid of will-be-born-to-die children, it will stop unwanted children and due to the fact that it's a form of freedom of choice.

It was a pleasure debating with you, mate. xD
Posted by Broils 2 years ago
Broils
A definition of abortion should have been stated beforhand...
Posted by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
Neither of you have any idea what abortion is.
Posted by TheSquirrel 2 years ago
TheSquirrel
Would you accept cases like rape or if the mother's life is in danger?
Vote Placed by SchinkBR 2 years ago
SchinkBR
LiliAnnaArhangheluDanyelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Poor performance by both really. No one cited sources but the Con did defend their points better.
Vote Placed by PiercedPanda 2 years ago
PiercedPanda
LiliAnnaArhangheluDanyelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither displayed any sources. I am against abortion. Con had better grammar. Both had equally convincing arguments.
Vote Placed by chengste 2 years ago
chengste
LiliAnnaArhangheluDanyelTied
Reasons for voting decision: CON got pro to agree that not all abortions should be ok, in the final round, " I will not tolerate this kind of abortion"
Vote Placed by black_squirrel 2 years ago
black_squirrel
LiliAnnaArhangheluDanyelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Neither side was very convincing. But I gave the "argument" points to CON. PRO conceded that the aborted baby feels pain. But at an early stage, where abortion is still legal, the fetus does not feel pain.
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
LiliAnnaArhangheluDanyelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Rather weak discussion here with not a lot of focus on the topic at hand. The topic says "Should abortion be legal?" In the second round, Con specifies that he means regulate abortion such that not everyone should have access. Pro apparently agrees, though sets a different point of regulation, which only comes up in the third round. So who do I vote for? Well, based off of the fact that Con started the round and made it confusing by shifting stances to something that was at least partially non-topical, I'd have to go with Pro. Con, if you're going to debate this again, make it clear in either the topic or your first post where you're setting limitations.