brock.sierminski12
Mindless

Should abortion be legal

brock.sierminski12

Con

Abortion is a very terible thing. it should not be alowwed in any state, the only case i feel it should take place is if a girls is raped.
Mindless

Pro

A good topic to debate as it is a universal issue for all societies and stems into other issues such as human rights; for both the unborn baby and mother.

I personally feel that abortion should be legal. My reasons have derived from myself asking the question "what if?".

What if a woman has been raped?

I know my opponent has expressed that in this circumstance, that abortion should be an option for the mother as she has, against her will, been forced to deal with a life changing situation. I would like to think all children are born under conditions whereby both the mother and the father have planned and prepared. As we know this is not the case, Rape victims should indeed be allowed to choose abortion.

What if the women is pregnant through unprotected consensual sex?

This is the main area for me where abortion seems an option that should be available. For example, if a couple have no money or no other means to financially support themselves or a baby, than having a baby would impact very heavily on their lives as well as the baby's. This is one cause for serious poverty and out of poverty means many have to claim benefits at great expense to the tax payer and as well as possibly leading to crime.

Women's rights?

For similar reasons I have just covered, if a women has fallen pregnant and she doesn't want a child, it should be her right to abort.

I am aware that my reasoning may seem cold, but we have to remain objective to discuss this important topic.

One thing I need to make clear is that abortion clinics are not there as a 'get out of jail free card'. They are not there to be abused over and over again. IT IS A LAST RESORT!!

I shall leave it here for now, I think my points are a good starting point for this debate.
brock.sierminski12

Con

brock.sierminski12 forfeited this round.
Mindless

Pro

as my opponent forfeited the last round, I shall give he/she the chance to respond to my first post.
brock.sierminski12

Con

Mindless

Pro

Mindless forfeited this round.