littledude506
AStevenson

Should abortion be legal?

AStevenson

littledude506

Con

Abortion is in my opinion morally wrong and she be illegal to some extent. That is a living creature inside of you, and has a purpose and a dream. You would be taking it away and how would you feel after that? But killing a human is not an easy thing to do, and it should not be dealt with lightly.
AStevenson

Pro

Roe v. Wade

I think that it's important to look at Roe v. Wade. In Roe v. Wade, abortion became legal. Since then all 50 states have abortion legal. Killing someone is illegal, but in the case of abortion no one is dying. This is because all states have it legalized and Roe v. Wade allowed it. How can a human be killed in an abortion when murdering someone is illegal? This is because these are not children, their embryos.

Links

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
littledude506

Con

I agree with you to some extent. But around 5 months is when the baby is fully formed and alive. It may not be technically murder or it would be illegal, but still mortally wrong. Now, there are some extreme cases where I agree that abortion may be used. If the woman bearing the baby was raped and became pregnant, abortion is something that just might have to be done.
AStevenson

Pro

My Response

My opponent has agreed with me on some extreme cases when abortion should be used like in rape and likely with teen mothers as well. My opponent has also agreed that abortion is not technically murder, this means that abortion should be legal because it does not break the law. Finally, on morals, if something is morally wrong or not does not matter as this is in the mother's choice. The mother's morals decides what is best, not morals from others. That is why we have freedom of abortion in the United States.
littledude506

Con

Now I'm not saying that it's not a woman's choice to get an abortion. I've heard a lot of arguments like, "It's our body, we have the right to do what we want with it." Now although this is true, it's not just your body. You are sharing your body with another human being, a baby that could become either the next Einstein, or the next, "baby killing satanic warlord". Now although it is not technically murder,there is a human being developing inside of you, and you would be preventing it from living. I will end my part of the debate with something I have already said. Abortion is not an easy step, and should not be dealt with lightly.
AStevenson

Pro

My Response

My response is to say that what's in a mother's body is an embryo not, not a human because killing a human is illegal while having an abortion in the United States is not. Mothers are already having trouble thinking about if they should have an abortion or not, but its better to give them the freedom of choice rather than not do it at all. That's the end of my response and now I will make a conclusion.

In Conclusion

I am the only person to use sources, so I think I should get the point for sources. I succesfully responded and refuted to all of my opponent's arguments. I win the debate.
Posted by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
RFD:

Pro, no, Firstguy, claimed there is something wrong, immoral, about abortion. Secondguy said, in effect, "No, it's legal." That is, secondguy was off topic, always arguing about what is. The debate is about what should be, not what is.
Posted by AStevenson 3 years ago
AStevenson
@16k thank you very much
Posted by 16kadams 3 years ago
16kadams
jk
Posted by 16kadams 3 years ago
16kadams
Was it a "mistake"?
Posted by 16kadams 3 years ago
16kadams
Hm...
Posted by 1Historygenius 3 years ago
1Historygenius
Somebody must counter direz
Posted by 1Historygenius 3 years ago
1Historygenius
Lol my step-bro must have thought he was on his account. I might end up mistaking mine for his too.
Posted by 1Historygenius 3 years ago
1Historygenius
@little I'm new here too!
Posted by littledude506 3 years ago
littledude506
@AStevenson, it looks like I lost the debate, but being my first one, i had fun. So thank you for being a great contender.
Posted by 16kadams 3 years ago
16kadams
>:) I could be con
Vote Placed by wiploc 3 years ago
wiploc
littledude506AStevensonTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 3 years ago
16kadams
littledude506AStevensonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was unable to refute the fetus' are not humans. If this is the case, pro automatically wins the debate. Though he could have expanded on his arguments. Sources to pro because he was the only one that had them.
Vote Placed by justin.graves 3 years ago
justin.graves
littledude506AStevensonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used no sources. Zip. Nada. He also was all over the plave with no real argument.
Vote Placed by Daktoria 3 years ago
Daktoria
littledude506AStevensonTied
Reasons for voting decision: This isn't a source oriented debate. It's a moral debate, so Pro lost on conduct after claiming victory on sources. Pro also asserts moral absolutism in cases of rape and emergencies which Con never claims, so that's a nonsequitur. Pro never explains why the mother should have a choice either over another human being that didn't choose to develop. In general, Pro's argument is one tangent after the next. It's never explained why abortion is right, merely brutally asserted as the status quo. Pro splits hairs between children and embryos as well, never explaining the difference.
Vote Placed by Diirez 3 years ago
Diirez
littledude506AStevensonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used reliable sources.
Vote Placed by DoubtingDave 3 years ago
DoubtingDave
littledude506AStevensonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters had weak arguments. However, I believe that pro won the debate. Con never rebutted the argument that embryos =/= people and therefore it should not be illegal to kill an embryo. Good job for pro's first debate :D