Grilled_Cheese
asherphil

Should adolescents be able to watch porn?

asherphil

Grilled_Cheese

Pro

Many mothers dont allow their adolescent son/daughter to watch porn which is completely understandable but why is it wrong.If you ask me porn is a great way to lower rape numbers and sex offending crimes.As being a adolescent hormones are high it is quite hard to stop thinking of this simple pleasure especially now where 13 and 12 year olds are getting pregnant.I believe the only way from letting your teen daughter/son from getting pregnant is porn.Teenagers simply aren't physically and mentally prepared for a child.Porn is a great way to get rid of hormones.But your son/daughter should also be told of the consequences some teens dont know what they are getting into with no protection sex.
asherphil

Con

Adolescents should not be able to watch pornography. Sex is a very sensitive issue and an intimate connection between two sex is not something where children binge on for entertainment or pleasure. I believe from pornography children especially young men will start seeing women as sex objects instead of their equals. Boys will still desire sex and once they start dating they'll wont consider what a young ladies desires and they could pressure them into sexual activity. There is a reason why pornography is known as the adult film industry.
Grilled_Cheese

Pro

you are correct it shouldnt be that way but unfortunately that is 2015 im not sure if you watch steve wilkos or drphil but they constantly have teens arrive due to having sex.Today is different from the day you're used to.Things have dramatically changed i believe today its wrong but what solution do you propose?You are right the nature is wrong the values is wrong but the most safe solution is the one i gave
asherphil

Con

I'm glad you and I see alike in the sense that it's wrong for young children to watch porn. By saying this you are contradicting your own argument. The key to helping kids overcome their lust for sex isn't to presenet sexual activity, I deem this tactic as a highly dangerous and a drastic solution. I believe the answer to our problem is to user child safety blocks and good old censoring like most kid's shows use. There are more simpler and easier ways of lowering the the percentage of kids having sex than showing them pornography
Grilled_Cheese

Pro

you may be correct of me contradicting myself but your solution isn't really one.Censorship is not effective and many shows or comedians work there way around it.A few time ago the show Icarly used the word hobknocker which can be defined as hitting someone with their privates or hitting someone IN their privates it also means a nerdy or geeky person.The true intention of the word was unclear the context showed zero clues of what they mean't.I also believe even if censorship could truly be enforced censorship does not get the hormones out of their body.I believe the solution you gave is for when the teen is unaware then i can see it being effective.But it is my fault for not being specific in the question.My question is what solution is most effective from keeping teens from becoming pregnant also please explain if i misinterpreted you and tell me if i said something stupid lol im here to learn and gain knowledge the question above was my current position.
asherphil

Con

Out of both of our solutions to teen pregnancey and calming hormones I beleive that my solution is safer and more effective than the solutution you provided. Showing kids and teens pornography will not calm their hormones or help them from having sexual relations earlier, instead it will cause them to want to have sex like the pornography stars they are seeing. porn cannot calm down hormones however, it will make them want to have sex even worse by showing them all the stuff with sex. And also censoring does still work. Icarly and other shows which hint different derogitory slang will not have as huge of a toll on kids developing minds and watching to people (or more) engage in one of the most intemite connections in the word, I know once I get married and have children I would deffinitely rather have them hear a some slang that refers to something derogitory than let them see pornography. What would they think? "Does mommy and Daddy do that?" Who else does these kind of things?", "I want to do this!". I don't know if you have children but would you want them to see such videos and think such thoughts? I think kid's minds are so pure why destroy their developing minds by showing them something like pornography. I do agree that we cannot censor everything but lets try and censor and filter as much impure and dirogitory things as possible.
Posted by Forthelulz 1 year ago
Forthelulz
I'd love to see how that would be enforced.
Vote Placed by Ryuumarq 1 year ago
Ryuumarq
Grilled_CheeseasherphilTied
Reasons for voting decision: con arguments is more convincing and that's that.