haydenchristen
reece

Should age of consent be abolish ?

haydenchristen

Pro

Hi reece, i want to challenge you to my new debate ,it's about the age of consent law.In my opinion age of consent should not be existed anymore because many innocent young teens are being unfairly injustice prosecuted for doing things they haven't done anything seriously a crime just because their age is not legally allowed to have sex by law.Sex offender registry could ruin their whole life.Their should be no restriction on sex,this mean anyone at any age can have sex whenever they want.This kind of stupid law does nothing to prevent sexual abuse but infringe the rights,freedom,and privacy of an individuals.
reece

Con

Thanks for the invite.
I just have one question...

May i ask the voters not to dismiss my arguments due to my potentially horrible grammar?
I have dyslexia. Plus that would be fallacious.
It would only be fair to ask them of the same for you.

Let's begin...

I have some important questions you'll need to address first:

Q1.) Do you agree (juridically speaking); by abolishing the age of consent, you'll need to redefine the word 'consent?'
How would you define it exactly?

- http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Q2.) Is it correct by your standards; abolishing the age of consent would make mental and physical maturity irrelevant, as long as a participant isn't forced to partake?
haydenchristen

Pro

Yes,it might be true,i don't deny that there are some children who are unable to consent to sex but since how exactly could you measure this maturity by establish age limit?In fact children and adult are similiar in identities,we are not going to make an assertion that children can't be more or as mature as an adult because that it's simply an misunderstanding. Some adult are unable have development problem or because their age is not suitable for sex which could be one reason why they are unable to consent.50 % of adult over the age of 60 have dementia disease while up to 80 % of those over the age of 80 have dementia.So i can also say not all adult are more mature than a child.
reece

Con

reece forfeited this round.
haydenchristen

Pro

haydenchristen forfeited this round.
reece

Con

reece forfeited this round.
haydenchristen

Pro

haydenchristen forfeited this round.
reece

Con

reece forfeited this round.
haydenchristen

Pro

Another argument why i support abolish age of consent because intellectual ability among kids does not reach the same level in different individual.For example : Steinberg study observe 11 percent of kids age 12-13 score 50 percentile of adult level on intellectual ability while 21 percent of kids age 14-15 and 42 percent of age 16-17.
reece

Con

reece forfeited this round.