SupaDudz
Sn0wBeast

Should all PC games come to consoles?

SupaDudz has forfeited round #4.
Started: 11/27/2017 Category: Games

SupaDudz

Pro

The CON will argue against having all PC games on console. I will argue PRO for the all PC games coming to consoles
Its 4 rounds but first round is acceptance and commitment
Please be respectful as usual
Also...no judges will cares if I am a console peasant or you're a PC bum, so please do not use any of these names, as for myself will not use any of these names

Looking forward...R1 IS ACCEPTANCE AND COMMITMENT
Sn0wBeast

Con

I got this. For the bois.
I look forward to see what you have to write :)
SupaDudz

Pro

Hello CON! I'm looking forward to a great debate!

Resolved. All PC games should be put on consoles

1)Having a console such as the XBOX One is more accessible to the average gamer. Anyone can go to a Best Buy or GameStop and pick themselves up a console. A straight up PC most of the times are bought at only Best Buy. Not only that, they need a good keyboard and a working mouse to play on. Not only that they need lots of RAM to cooperate which is hard to buy at a Best Buy.

2)Consoles are less expensive than PC's. The newest consoles can run $289-$500 dollars in prices. A PC that runs smoothly and has good equipment can cost nearly $1000. People don't have that money, and a leisure gamer that wants to play a certain PC game will not pay that much money.

3)Leisure gamers and even pro gamers tend to like console more. Controls are more straightforward and have a purpose. PC is not like and really doesn't use all keys. Why not appeal to the majority.

4)PC games are outdated and consoles have been dominate and still are dominate. PC games tend to be very outdated and a lot people not carrying. If we are being real, no one really is going to care if Half Life 3 is coming out on PC, but if it becomes an XBOX or PS4 active, people will tend to care more and actually buy it.

5)Consoles are the future of gaming because they provide easy access to games because you can pick them up at the store, not on any STEAM store

6)These PC games will make more of a revenue and more money off of consoles than PC. More people own consoles than effective gaming PC's. Revenue will help give important updates and give motivation for these companies to make huge revenue. EA is doing a good job with this as they have put their two big games like CIties Skylines and SIms 4 into consoles. More money will lead to more motive to make great quality games

SUMMARY
1)Consoles more accessible
2)Consoles are cheaper
3)Gamers prefer consoles over PC
4)PC outdated and console most dominant
5)Console are the future
6)Games will make more cash

CONCLUSION
Video games bring people together. COnsoles bring people close together. If we combine them both, we can have a sense of unity
Sn0wBeast

Con

Hello PRO, Thanks for posting a timely argument.

I will begin by rebutting the argument posted by PRO.

1) It is arguable that PCs are more accessible to average families than consoles are. Your argument about going to Best Buy to buy computers and gaming consoles comes of as foreign to me. I personally do not own an XBOX One, as I anticipated a new XBOX to come out within a few years (I was proven right). Computers do not solely rely on RAM for processing power (in fact, it's not even the primary source for processing)! People who use consoles to play games often find themselves having to buy the next newest console every few years (which leads into the price argument).

2) Consoles may be less expensive than PCs at first, but as I stated earlier, people often have to buy consoles much more frequently than PCs. I do not recommend any person to purchase electronics at Best Buy in the first place, as they are notorious for being overpriced (how ironic). I will provide a comparison of the XBOX One to modern PCs since they are so expensive.
The XBOX One Specs are from IGN
Random PC Link:
https://www.bestbuy.com...

XBOX One Random PC from Best Buy
RAM: 8GB DDR3 8GB DDR3

CPU: 8 Core AMD 1.75 GHz 8 Core AMD 3.5 GHz

Storage: 500 GB HDD 1TB HDD & 120GB SSD

Price: $499 $699

So for $200 more, the potential buyer gets double the clock speed on their processor, double the HDD storage, and 120GB in SSD storage (which is superior to HDD)? I'd say that's a pretty good deal for Best Buy standards.

3) To be fair, this isn't really worth responding to as it is mostly opinion. I know plenty of leisure and pro gamers who like PCs better, which is why we're having this argument in the first place. In addressing your controls argument, have you ever tried to type a message to someone on console games? It takes ages, there are keys on a computer for a reason. If you don't need to use a key, then don't. I don't see what the problem is in having extra keys, better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them (like on consoles).

4) Not all PC games are outdated. New PC games are being created all the time. In fact, PC games often lay the groundwork for future console games because PCs frequently have more processing power than consoles do. Again, games coming out on consoles generating excitement is an opinion. If you can find a public policy poll that supports this fact, then you should state it then.

5) Consoles are not the future of gaming. Consoles have been around for over 4 decades, and I would be more inclined to say that VR gaming is the gaming of the future than Console games. I'd argue that buying games on Steam is more futuristic and convenient, I don't want to have to walk to the store to buy a game.

6) According to GameSpot, more Americans play games on PC than on consoles: "Most popular platforms for frequent gamers include PC (56 percent), console (53 percent), smartphone (36 percent), wireless device (31 percent), and dedicated handheld system (17 percent)." https://www.gamespot.com...

Now for some of my own arguments:

1) PCs are not normally dedicated for gaming, whereas Consoles' primary purpose is for playing games. While today Consoles can perform other tasks, PCs have been doing what Consoles strive to do for decades.

2) PCs do not require monthly membership subscriptions. Services like Xbox Gold add unnecessary fees on top of the initial price of the console. If we account the initial release of the XBOX One Console, and the membership fees added, the grand total of the XBOX One Console would be: $750! (November 22, 2013 50$ per year) So now not only is the Console more money than the PC, it has less processing power as well!

SUMMARY
1) Consoles are LESS accessible
2) Consoles may appear cheaper, but actually cost more in the long run
3) Gamers actually list PCs as their number 1 platform for gaming
4) Home PCs are newer than Console
5) VR is the future
6) PRO makes no sense
SupaDudz

Pro

Hello Sir. Thank you for the arguments, here are my responses

1)"It is arguable that PCs are more accessible to average families than consoles are. Your argument about going to Best Buy to buy computers and gaming consoles comes of as foreign to me. I personally do not own an XBOX One, as I anticipated a new XBOX to come out within a few years (I was proven right). Computers do not solely rely on RAM for processing power (in fact, it's not even the primary source for processing)! People who use consoles to play games often find themselves having to buy the next newest console every few years (which leads into the price argument)."

I was just using Best Boy as an example. I could name another store like Target or GameStop. Sure RAM is not all it needs but it is the bulk of the computer. The Xbox One X, for example, has more storage and RAM than a PC would have. It also is easier to pick up in stores like Target and Gamestop while PC's are hard to fine and are usually only found in the stores of the company where the are selling them at high prices, (which is my other argument coming up). Many casual gamer also wait about a year or two for consoles when games start moving to these new consoles. PC's will need to be updatd as well to run games smoothly so therefore, they need about the same time to get a new PC

2)"Consoles may be less expensive than PCs at first, but as I stated earlier, people often have to buy consoles much more frequently than PCs. I do not recommend any person to purchase electronics at Best Buy in the first place, as they are notorious for being overpriced (how ironic). I will provide a comparison of the XBOX One to modern PCs since they are so expensive."

The specs I left out due to character limits but I will respond. People buying consoles may not be as frequent as you think. The Xbox One X specs are listed https://www.cnet.com...

2.3 GHz
12GB RAM
Includes 4K graphics

That is very convienent and also cheaper than a PC that can run a game smoothly. When games get more advanced and complex that your PC can't run, you may have to buy a new PC or even upgrade specs. Upgrading specs can cost maybe a $100 dollars and may need to be replaced I'd say 2-3 years which is the same amount for a new console every 6-7 years if you buy it only release date(which most people tend not to do if we are talking about an average leisure gamer which is the majority population). I got my XBOX One for $289! The memberships tend to be the CON's biggest argument when talking about council price.
Lets take the time and say that we all spend some money on video games whether in or on a game. We want deals. Some steam games need monthly fees on games. It's free but you get better deals on games with the memberships. Also not to mention that your old XBOX games can be played and used on your console with backwards compatibilty

My examples are three games I got with the discounts
1.NBA 2k17 at release date
ORIGINAL PRICE WAS 59.99
I GOT IT FOR: 35.99
$24 of

2. Watch Dogs
Free game with GOLD

3.Battlefield 1, 1 month after release date
ORIGINAL PRICE: 59.99
I GOT IT FOR: 49.99
NOTE:Membership laims in addt arguments are put in price

3)"To be fair, this isn't really worth responding to as it is mostly opinion. I know plenty of leisure and pro gamers who like PCs better, which is why we're having this argument in the first place. In addressing your controls argument, have you ever tried to type a message to someone on console games? It takes ages, there are keys on a computer for a reason. If you don't need to use a key, then don't. I don't see what the problem is in having extra keys, better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them (like on consoles)."

I did think my claim was slacking for that argument, so I did research on my own by taking polls at my school. 65/100 kids that played both console and PC prefered a conole over a PC. This is my survey and if you are dedicated to this argument, maybe you can do some research on your own. Not an insult in any way
NOTE: I used both leisure and competitive gamers for this poll.

4) "Not all PC games are outdated. New PC games are being created all the time. In fact, PC games often lay the groundwork for future console games because PCs frequently have more processing power than consoles do. Again, games coming out on consoles generating excitement is an opinion. If you can find a public policy poll that supports this fact, then you should state it then."

CON, can you please give an example of the game you are refering to becuase I do not think that is true because your claim in the last argument is consoles are older than a computer. So console games are techinally the basis of foundation while PC games build on that. I compare it to a skyscraper, consoles are the base, PC's added on but consoles kept building and building on from that. Technically speaking, the console is the basis and PC's only developed games to catch up to the consoles

5) In fear of losing my arguments, I will do a breif summary of what he is saying. He saying that consles are not the future of gaming and VR is

VR is again, accessible to console. Again judges, consoles are getting better and future console can start a new generation of gaming. Consoles were the future and are going to be the future for a while due to their flexibilily and ableness to compete while PC's will be unflexible and hard to work with. People would want the more reliable option and an easier way than the PC gives now. The future rests in the hands of the consoles

6)You state that more pople play PC than console.

That I can confirm. But I am going to ask a question...
How would more people playing PC increase the revenue of the company making the game

ADDT1)Stating the fact that PC's not meant for gaming

This proves my point of consoles being the future because if they try to do what the PC has been doing for years...then they become to future because they are equally accesible, so that proves my entire claim. Then th debate is not talking about what a PC can't do internet wise, it is about what is better for games

CONCLUDING STATEMENT

Why not let all PC game come to console. They make more money and they appeal to people. Let the voices be heard from casual gamers.

Sn0wBeast

Con

Oh man this is getting rather messy. I commend all people who take the time to read through all these arguments ^^
Keep in mind, my only goal as CON is to convince you that games can exist on BOTH consoles and PCs, whereas PROs argument is that games should ONLY exist on consoles. (as stated in the title)
These statements seem to be digressing into a number of topics. I will try to contain this as best I can.

1)
PRO: The Xbox One X, for example, has more storage and RAM than a PC would have.
CON: Not true. The Xbox One X will only have 12 GB of RAM and 1TB HDD of storage. Today it is rather common for PCs to have 16 or 32GB of RAM and 2TB HDD along with 100 or so GB of SSD.

PRO: PC's are hard to fine and are usually only found in the stores of the company where the are selling them at high prices
CON: Again, not true. "PC for sale" in google is not very difficult. I often find competitive prices, especially when searching for refurbished PCs

2) I don't really understand what PRO's point is here with this argument tbh

3) 65/100 kids that played both console and PC prefered a console over a PC
I don't trust a study like this at all. If you ever took a statistics class, there are things like double barreled questions and response bias that create way too many variability in polling for me to take your numbers as fact. Even if people prefer one method to play games over another, it shouldn't mean that the minority opinion gets shut out completely or that even that medium is better than the others in terms of quality.

4)CON, can you please give an example of the game you are refering to becuase I do not think that is true because your claim in the last argument is consoles are older than a computer.
Okay.
Paradox games are some of the most popular modern PC games I can think of that are modeled similarly to console games. However, I cannot think it to be very practically played on a console. Why? Because clicking a mouse on a PC is much easier than a console. In Paradox games, interfaces are extremely important, and consoles tend to stay away from UIs for this reason.

"consoles are older than a computer"
Yes. Consoles came out first for HOME USE.

" console games are techinally the basis of foundation while PC games build on that."
No. This is where the difference between "Computer" and "PC" comes into play.
First Home Console: Magnavox Odyssey (1972)
First Home PC (Personal Computer): Apple II (1977)
First Computer: Z3 (1941)

So in continuation of your argument, Computers are "technically" the basis of foundation while Console games build on that.
Not really. That's a silly argument, both are clear and distinctly different methods for running a game. An argument on the basis of its first release is over simplified in my opinion.

5) VR is again, accessible to console
If it's accessible to consoles, it is to PCs as well. All three use the same methods to process data and only depends on a matter of OS. VR being accessible to consoles has nothing to do with VR being the future of games.

This argument makes no sense to me, as you are contradicting yourself. First you say that consoles are the original foundation for gaming, and then you say that consoles are new and are the future of gaming. It is not only difficult to hold up both of these arguments at the same time, but I would argue it is impossible. You are painting a picture of consoles being the perfect solution to the world's gaming problems. Console certainly isn't and I will also say PC isn't; which is why we shouldn't restrict all of our games to purely console. Having multiple mediums for games instead of a virtual monopoly (haha pun) will allow for adaptation when we get to methods like VR, that implement aspects from both console and PC.

6) How would more people playing PC increase the revenue of the company making the game
We're talking about games here going to console right? It's a bad business move to make games for only console player because the majority of the market share play PC! PC players are in the majority, so it makes sense to me that some games that are made for PC stay there, because less people play on consoles.

7) Stating the fact that PC's not meant for gaming... This proves my point of consoles being the future
Not at all. You just said earlier in the argument that, "PC's will be unflexible and hard to work with".

There is another contradiction developing in your arguments. It is hypocritical of you to say that PCs are not the way of the future because they are hard to work with, and cannot be adaptable; and then on the other hand say that PCs are not the way of the future because PCs are not "meant for gaming". PCs are not meant PURELY for gaming, doesn't that suggest that consoles are the ones in fact that are inflexible and unable to adapt?

PRO: [consoles] try to do what the PC has been doing for years...

CON: You just said that, " the console is the basis and PC's only developed games to catch up to the consoles"

Which is it buddy? You're making me laugh, but I don't think that was the goal of your argument.

"so that proves my entire claim"
Whatever you say...

...
Posted by SupaDudz 7 months ago
SupaDudz
i am very sorry but i am unable to finish the round. i was busy with homework and visiting grandparents today.
my apologies
Posted by SupaDudz 7 months ago
SupaDudz
RIP I almost lost all my arguments