GhostHeart22
Jebedia

Should all babies be called by gender neutral titles and be allowed to choose a gender?

GhostHeart22

Pro

I believe that babies should be called by gender neutral pronouns until they decide they want to be identified as a boy or a girl or remain neutral. I think that in a system like this there would be less stigma around being gay, transgender, or queer. This, in my eyes, would reduce bullying and allow for more acceptance of people of different sexual orientations.
Jebedia

Con

No, babies should not be called gender neutral names, because the majority of children will "Identify" as the correct gender, as in male or female. If no kids knew what their real gender is, then there will be very confused people who have no clue what thwere thing does.
GhostHeart22

Pro

But at the same time you'll have children who don't like their assigned pronouns and as they become aware of this they will be bullied for it as everyone else is called by the gender specific pronouns. Children could all have gender neutral toys and choose their favorite at the age they can choose. I believe that when this happens it would be easier for children to learn what their own minds perceive they shoul be. Children would also have a greater interest in being tought about the roles gender plays in society.
Jebedia

Con

Jebedia forfeited this round.
GhostHeart22

Pro

GhostHeart22 forfeited this round.
Jebedia

Con

Jebedia forfeited this round.
Posted by RMtheNerd 2 years ago
RMtheNerd
In my opinion, being called a boy or a girl is just the primary name for your body. It shouldn't influence what toys children play with or if they like sports or what colors they like, etc.
Posted by Toxifrost 2 years ago
Toxifrost
never in my life have I heard a kid being bullied because of pronouns
Posted by Toxifrost 2 years ago
Toxifrost
lol Symbiote we got us an SJW
Posted by ModernHippie 2 years ago
ModernHippie
That moment when you realize: You're not the only insane person who believes this. Thank you.
Posted by TheSymbiote 2 years ago
TheSymbiote
A tumblr user is in the house