Politicallion
pheonixwright

Should all countries absorb refugees?

Politicallion

Con

I am against this notion of all countries accepting refugees due to a variety of reasons which I shall put forward once this debate is in it's "Debating Period" . I would like to wish the best of luck to my worthy opponent, and I am looking forward to having a meticulous debate filled with facts and evidence and coming up with a tangible result at the end of it.
pheonixwright

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for this opportunity to debate this topic which bring tears to my eyes when i hear a story of. I see refusing reguges not only as morally wrong but also lawfully and logically wrong.

While i see this might not mean much to you and i know it sounds dumb and obvious but... how would you feel i mean you're running away from warring countries with little food and spending small fortunes on people smugglers only to be told to go back home.

And denieng refugees is ACTUALLY against human rights please read this
"The 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees
The Convention prohibits the expulsion or forcible return of persons having refugee status. Its article 33
stipulates that "no Contracting State shall expel or return (refouler) a refugee in any manner whatsoever to
the frontiers of territories where his life or freedom would be threatened on account of his race, religion,
nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion". Article 34 concerns the
naturalization and assimilation of refugees. Other provisions deal with such rights as access to courts,
education, social security, housing and freedom of movement."
SOURCE http://www.ohchr.org...
Politicallion

Con

Politicallion forfeited this round.
pheonixwright

Pro

pheonixwright forfeited this round.
Politicallion

Con

Politicallion forfeited this round.
pheonixwright

Pro

pheonixwright forfeited this round.