itssamtbh
Elias_is_the_llama

Should all former British colonies change their flag and remove the Union Jack?

itssamtbh

Pro

First round is acceptance, second, third and fourth rounds are debating. The debate is should former British colonies (Such as Fiji, Tuvalu, Australia, New Zealand etc. change their flag and remove their Union Jack?
Elias_is_the_llama

Con

I'd like to thank my opponent in advance for this debate, I also with them luck.

I will be arguing against the removal of the Union jack from former British colonies.
Please understand that as a British person I may have a slight bias, but i'll try to stick to objective facts and statistics.

Over to you , pro.
itssamtbh

Pro

Thank you for accepting my debate.

The Union Jack has been around for centuries, and it represents the colonisation and the unity of the former colonies, and the way each former colony, like New Zealand, being built up from only tribal huts to the bustling cities, the healthy population and the great lifestyle of the nation. The Union Jack is a way of telling others that we, the former colonies, are proud of our heritage of our European ancestors and their culture. Waving the Union Jack makes people prideful.

The Union Jack represents the unity between each colony. I'll take Australia for example. Every state in Australia is represented by a state flag however they are all unified by the same flag, the one featuring the Union Jack and the 6 stars, even its overseas territories and the world recognises it. It plays an important role between the 7 states and every state acknowledges the most notable figure, the Union Jack

In conclusion, the Union Jack is a unification and a prideful symbol that many are proud of, not only the meaning but the history behind it.
Elias_is_the_llama

Con

well, Since you chose the pro position and didn't state your position in the first round, I assumed you wanted to remove the flag, but it seems we have the same position.
itssamtbh

Pro

itssamtbh forfeited this round.
Elias_is_the_llama

Con

Elias_is_the_llama forfeited this round.
itssamtbh

Pro

itssamtbh forfeited this round.
Elias_is_the_llama

Con