ERIC_k
amalvijay1234

Should all laws based on religion be abolished?

amalvijay1234

ERIC_k

Pro

Acceptance is the first round.
amalvijay1234

Con

If The law was abolished there would be a lot of problem as the higher caste would dominate lower caste
ERIC_k

Pro

Foreword: This is my first debate and from what I see I think I will like the intellectual challenge that comes with it.

Well as I see it back in the early years of the thirteen original states and the beginning of the United States the majority of people believed in Christianity, therefore laws based on the Bible and its commandments were very normal. But now America, the great mixing pot, has many religions and ethnic diversities. Its not right for a person to have to follow a law made to uphold a religious rule or commandment.

My biggest and most blatant example is the Gay Rights movement. A pattern follows this topic all the time, as soon as somebody gets an edge over the individuals against gay rights then the people in opposition of the movement automatically start to quote the scripture and the commandments. But as I have said before not everybody is Christian
amalvijay1234

Con

All Is right but if a Hindu or a Muslim go to America then he had to face many types of discrimination for example religion if we complain to the police they will say us to go back to the country .This is unfair Actually we had pass more laws based on religion to protect the minority
ERIC_k

Pro

ERIC_k forfeited this round.
ERIC_k

Pro

ERIC_k forfeited this round.
ERIC_k

Pro

ERIC_k forfeited this round.
amalvijay1234

Con

amalvijay1234 forfeited this round.
Posted by ERIC_k 3 years ago
ERIC_k
I meant to to put all laws based on the Bibles' rules and commandments.
Posted by RowanM 3 years ago
RowanM
Nice profile picture, con.
Posted by Buggie111 3 years ago
Buggie111
Laws based on religion? Like theocracy Iran or the First Amendment? Completely different things.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
ERIC_kamalvijay1234Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro really failed to affirm the resolution, essentially setting up a long-bow, by arguing a lot of context. Con brought out a cracka in round 2, saying that laws should be passed to protect the minority, so that everyone can practice their religion. This needed to be addressed, and never was. Conduct to Con for Pro's round forfeits.