Rezend
ElliottChen

Should all schools be like (or have a similar system to) sudbury schools?

Rezend

Pro

For those who don't know what a sudbury schools are, here is a link:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Attention: I am in favor of sudbury schools, not against them.
The first round is just for agreeing, then first arguments, then counter arguments, then the conclusion.
ElliottChen

Con

I don't see how I'm meant to agree with you this round, I completely disagree with what a Sudbury school stands for. How is a Sudbury School beneficial for any student?
Rezend

Pro

Sorry about the misinterpretation. I meant to say acceptance (like, you know, you accepting my challenge). Sorry if I was not clear.
So, to start off, I would like to show you this links: https://www.valuespreadsheet.com... and http://www.salon.com... which have many reasons on why our education system is bad. The main arguments are that schools kill creativity, that you can't test people by the same test, that schools teach a truth that does not exist, and that they don't prepare people.
I am now being serious: please if you are a voter do not vote before you see the two links I put above.
Just to be clear, people who study in sudbury schools do not get worse jobs or careers.
Sudbury schools, unlike normal schools, give children the freedom to do and learn what they like. Somehow, every kid at some point there learns to read and write without help. This obviously shows it is productive. Also, since things are decided democratically which helps them prepare for a society life. Also, since there are no fixed rules before voting, children will get the feeling of importance that they otherwise wouldn't. They have appropriate places for learning and staff to help them when they need it. No homework, no subject you will never use: useful things. Things for life. That is what schools are about. Not about random facts and useless information. School is about how to socialize, how to talk, how to be curious; how to live.
Modern schools don't do that, and this needs to change.
ElliottChen

Con

ElliottChen forfeited this round.
Rezend

Pro

Rezend forfeited this round.
ElliottChen

Con

ElliottChen forfeited this round.
Rezend

Pro

Rezend forfeited this round.
ElliottChen

Con

ElliottChen forfeited this round.
Rezend

Pro

Rezend forfeited this round.
ElliottChen

Con

ElliottChen forfeited this round.