Shaikhlymsc2014
14rizzon

Should america have the death penalty?

Shaikhlymsc2014

Shaikhlymsc2014

Con

America should not have the death penalty because the death penalty system in the US is applied in an unfair and unjust manner against people,largely dependent on how much money they have, the skill of their attorneys, race of the victim and where the crime took place. People of color are far more likely to be executed than white people, especially if the victim is white.The death penalty is a waste of taxpayer funds and has no public safety benefit. The vast majority of law enforcement professionals surveyed agree that capital punishment does not deter violent crime; a survey of police chiefs nationwide found they rank the death penalty lowest among ways to reduce violent crime. They ranked increasing the number of police officers, reducing drug abuse, and creating a better economy with more jobs higher than the death penalty as the best ways to reduce violence. The FBI has found the states with the death penalty have the highest murder rates.
14rizzon

Pro

I love the death penalty I do not think we should reward murderers by keeping them alive in air conditioned prisons where they are fed everyday. If they are worthless to society they should get out. I think that the death penalty should only be given out to those who are definitely guilty and do agree that it has been given out to people that may not have been proven 100% guilty and that is wrong as mistakes can be made. But if someone is beyond a doubt guilty they should be given the death sentence instead of life in prison. I do not want my taxes going to keeping a murderer alive. I would rather have my tax money go to killing those murderers. And it shouldn't take 20 years either. We need to get rid of lethal injection, unless they killed their victims in a humane way, and bring back shootings or hangings, they are quicker, and cheaper. I understand that we want our criminals to be as comfortable as possible during their punishment but why do we want them to even be comfortable. I have gone a long time without killing anyone and it hasn't been very hard! If they take away someone else's right to life, then they are themselves giving up their right to life.
Shaikhlymsc2014

Con

Shaikhlymsc2014 forfeited this round.
14rizzon

Pro

14rizzon forfeited this round.
Shaikhlymsc2014

Con

Shaikhlymsc2014 forfeited this round.
14rizzon

Pro

14rizzon forfeited this round.
Shaikhlymsc2014

Con

Shaikhlymsc2014 forfeited this round.
14rizzon

Pro

14rizzon forfeited this round.
Shaikhlymsc2014

Con

Shaikhlymsc2014 forfeited this round.
14rizzon

Pro

14rizzon forfeited this round.
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Can't wait to hear Con's argument.
Pro's reasoning was pretty solid.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Shaikhlymsc201414rizzonTied
Reasons for voting decision: Only one round. Con won the arguments.