Should animal testing be made illegal?

I have just time until Sunday so I would like to have swift debate.

1) I am leaving at 8.8. So my last argument has to be done by 7.8 ( that's tomorrow so I urge opponent to write argument today.
2) Semantics allowed
3) Pro says animal tasting should be illegal, Con says Animal testing should be legal.
4) 2 rounds
1. Arguments
2. Rebuttals
5)24 hours time to argue
6) 8000 characters
7)Winner is determined by quality, development of arguments and forming of arguments, semantic etc.

I hope everything is clear so I can start my arguments. First of all I would like to settle what "animal testing" means:
wikipedia says:
"Animal testing, also known as animal experimentation, animal research, and in vivo testing, is the use of non-human animals in experiments."

So in general, using animals in science experiments in field of disease cures or cosmetic

1. Human race use fungi, bacteries legally
As we all know, human race dominate this world. This, in fact, gives human race many possibilities to rule the world. Darwin said: "individuals best adapted to their environments are more likely to survive and reproduce"[1]. This is the reason why human race is so superior. It is more adapted to environment than other species. The key of this success is that human race is able to utilize many tools, even bacteries, fungi for their sake. People use Penicillium for their benefit[2]. Scientists use them into experiment, into mass-production. And no one complains. But on the other hand, same way scientist utilize animals. The difference is that animals are more evolved than fungi and feel pain. In terms of pain I'll go on in second paragraph.

2. Human race dominate animals with right to exploit them
As I mentioned in first argument. Human race dominate the world. It uses tools, bacteries, fungi for their benefit. In other words, Natural selection says: the strongest wins". When human race is the strongest, why we shouldn't use animals for our benefit? Just as lion eats deer to have energy, so people use animals to feed themselves and to use them for experiments. It's just utilizing possibilities to gain advantage over other animals/predators in food chain. In this case, people have right to use them.

3. Animals don't give second chance
To understand point of this paragraph, we have to look at this from animal view. When they perceive human being as its prey, it wouldn't never give him chance to run away. It would do everything in order to get him. They kills people. Of course in most of case they don't succeed. But the most important thing is that they don't give a chance. Hence, why people use them from same reason as well as animals use people - to get feed or to develop something new.

People are driven by general consensus that animals are not hurtful or something else. But in fact animals would like to eat people just to survive and to be on the top of food chain.

I present my practical syllogism:

P: Mankind is going to the Heavens.
P: Mankind need animals to survive and/or through testing mankind's sense of taste.

C: Some animal testing should be made legal.

Bublifuk forfeited this round.

Just because animals are fingers doesn't mean mankind isn't the opposable thumb.
Posted by abstractposters 4 years ago
If mankind is going to the Heavens, then we need animals to survive and/or through testing mankind's sense of taste.