Jojolightning
RobinJ7200

Should animals be allowed to run for president?

RobinJ7200

Jojolightning

Pro

My opinion is that they should be allowed to run for president because in the government they said EVERYONE should be allowed to have their own opinion on anything they want and it would be racist to say that animals aren't allowed to. It would be a DISGRACE to humanity if we don't allow them to join humankind and be able to have their own opinions and rights to be able to do what they can to help the world be a better place. I know that you might think that it would be weird that we'd be listening to an animal on the news for making a new law or a goldfish owning the white house but don't you think this is just a repeat of history? When people didn't care for other races and only let people from their own race run for president. But now don't you think the world has changed? But is hasn't the world still isn't fair there is so many faults but hopefully we will be able to fix them one at a time first lets give freedom to all the animals on earth. LET THEM RUN!!!!!!!!
RobinJ7200

Con

I would like how you would propose that we listen to the animals running for office? If they could communicate with us more, I suppose this could possibly be a valid issue, but as of now we have no way of understanding them.
Jojolightning

Pro

What you're saying to counter me is mostly true but some people actually CAN communicate with animals using facial expression, tone of voice and are able to communicate and understand what the animal is trying to say. If we can have a discussion with the animal it can have it's own opinion on things therefore able to run for president using it's opinion. Another possibility to make the animal run for president is having someone who understands what the animal is trying to say which is the spokesperson for the political group where the animal is the leader of the group.
RobinJ7200

Con

I understand where you're coming from, Pro. But most animals are not intelligent enough to form an opinion on most issues.
Also, animals, for the most part aren't influenced by human laws. Would you say that's correct? I don't think they should get a say in these things unless they are being influenced, and then we come back to the intelligence issue. Animals may be able to have opinions but they wouldn't know how to run a country.
Jojolightning

Pro

As hijdosfas said some animals have high intelligence about as high as humans such as dolphins, chimpanzees and pigs. They are actually able to have their own opinion on stuff. My opinion is that what you say is true that laws don't apply for them but still many laws are against or should be put up FOR them. Because for example we hunt animals and it's not illegal to go kill an animal and it isn't illegal for an animal to kill us and if we give them punishment and give humans punishment they will learn to react as a human would. With them joining humanity we would probably be able to have a more peaceful planet with all the animals in sync with humans and would help the animals too because if we make laws and if they end up being used to listening to laws then most of the endangered animals will have a chance to live a pleasured life alongside with humans.
RobinJ7200

Con

Yes, some animals have high intelligence, but who knows if they even have opinions on these things?
If an animal were to be president, it could handle working with other countries, or make new laws, or deal with the Armed Forces.
I agree that more laws should be put up to protect animals, but having one become president is a bit much.
Posted by hijdosfas 2 years ago
hijdosfas
I honestly think that animals are able to be president, but I'm not sure if people will vote for them. However, there is a gorilla named Koko who can use sign language to talk with humans. If one animal can communicate, we don't know how many other animals can communicate with us on this planet. In fact, dolphins have roughly the same IQ as a human which is an IQ of 100. If we can get dolphins to be able to learn sign language or another communication, possibly, they may even be smarter than a human.
Posted by Impact94 2 years ago
Impact94
@Dilara and don't forget Pigasus
Posted by vbolea 2 years ago
vbolea
I think that the premise is literal (real animals nonhuman as president). In that case the animal will not even realize that he is a governor.
Posted by Dilara 2 years ago
Dilara
One already did his name is George.
Posted by lightingbolt50 2 years ago
lightingbolt50
Ummmmm... are you serious about animals running for president, or is it a metaphor?
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
JojolightningRobinJ7200Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Animals other than humans are simply outclassed in brain size to body size ratios, in brain complexity, in linguistics.