jacobstokes
warriorsfan01

Should animals be alowed to be tested on?

Voting Style: Judge Point System: 7 Point

jacobstokes

Pro

R1 acceptance only and you must acknowledge my arguments will be primarily on animal testing for medicinal purposes.
warriorsfan01

Con

I accept this debate. Thank you for the challenge. Now let's debate!
jacobstokes

Pro

jacobstokes forfeited this round.
warriorsfan01

Con

warriorsfan01 forfeited this round.
jacobstokes

Pro

May I just point out like I said in round 1 that I will be arguing for the medicinal testing of animals not cosmetics.
I will began with an explanation on why animal testing is good for us humans.
1. It will help develop medicines to fight human diseases and cancers.
2. It's can save millions of people's lives if a cure is found or something that can help fight symptoms of an illness.
3. Animal testing has proved to be affective in the past so with advancing technology it should (and will) only get better.
4. Civilisation could not advance.
I will now begin by validating my points 1 by 1.
1.It will help develop medicines to fight human diseases and cancers.
For many years now animals have been used for the investigation of medicines. Mice and rats are common animals used in labs by scientists. Animal research is also proven to save lives and thus should continue. What else can we test on? Whenever humans are used complaints arise and lawsuits are filed. Human rights have been violated thus making it impossible to develop new medicines for society.
2.It's can save millions of people's lives if a cure is found or something that can help fight symptoms of an illness
This has been proven in many animals. One I will explain is insulin. Mice contain insulin which has been SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN to reduce diabetes in humans. A remarkable discovery as with the amount of fatty foods these days on offer at such a cheap price its no wonder there are many diabetes cases across the country (UK). Some people just develop it naturally over time and obviously need treatment. Millions of people have been saved because of this.
3.Animal testing has proved to be affective in the past so with advancing technology it should (and will) only get better.
Similar to point two however with advancing technology research will only intensify and grow into something were there is virtually a cure for everything. A huge percentage of our ocean is undiscovered meaning there may be possible chemicals undiscovered that can cure many types of cancer and diseases.
4.Civilisation could not advance.
A controversial point this one may be. Lets play out this scenario. Humanity keeps being hit by diseases and thus cannot advance. We cannot test on humans because of human rights and animals are also unable to be tested on. We cannot advance. Animals are very similar to us in the way of our organs and so on making them very reliable when it comes to testing. It needs to happen for civilisation to advance. Otherwise I believe humanities will stop right in it's tracks.
warriorsfan01

Con

warriorsfan01 forfeited this round.
Posted by jacobstokes 2 years ago
jacobstokes
Sorry I was actually in the process of writing it when my time expired.