Becca.Martin
Spaceman

Should animals be tested on?

Con Tied Pro

Becca.Martin

Con

What did animals ever do to you? I do not think animals
should be tested for anything! I belive strongly that animals cannot speak for themselves. So we need to speak for them! How would u like if I put drugs in you or put make up on u to see how it works, when it can be dangerous! I wouldn't like it at all. So please choose my side and we can take on the animal haters!
Spaceman

Pro

As people we exploit each other as much we do anything else and we even give it a title its called business. In nature we find that the world is a hostile environment, although now we have acheived dominace we forget how unforgiving it is and in my arguement one phrase truly comes to my mind "Survival of the Fittest". In evolution other creatures must fight to survive and better themselves. Parasites for example exploit other lifeforms everyday without their consent or knowledge. Likewise as humans we have continued our survival of the fittest with a desire to better mankind and our understanding and lives.

My next point stands as a rhetorirically would you rather put yourself in the position of these animals, would you yourself go and force another human to go and take the place of an animal. Therefore, in this instance in order for humans to survive animals must at first be used. However, you also have appeared to have neglected the fact that all pharmaceutical drugs have to go through clinical trials.

I would also like to counter your point that "How would u like if I put drugs in you or put make up on u to see how it works, when it can be dangerous!" many people are treated with drugs daily that can be dangerous regardless.

I would also like to say how would you react to an animal that was killed by a fox to allow its survival, and compare would it not be more benefical and useful for it to save human lives through testing ?
Becca.Martin

Con

Animals are indeed lower in the "food chai" if you will, but I don't agree with killing the animals, it's wrong on so many levels. I love animals and I wouldn't put them threw all of that, yet I wouldn't do that to a human either, where I see your point. Yet again, there are people who agree with me, as well with you.

"More than 25 million vertebrate animals are used in testing in the United States each year�€"including monkeys, chimpanzees, beagles and other dogs, cats, rabbits, mice, birds, farm animals, and still other sentient beings. After the experiments conclude, essentially all of the animals who have survived the research are killed. When invertebrate animals are considered, the estimated number rises to as high as 100 million."
that is a statistic I found on change.org
Spaceman

Pro

Death is inevitable though so why challenge its concept, in life you can truly only have on certainty that death is inevitable. Although i don't truly support theological groups if there really is a god and we are governed by a determirism state, and furthermore " all one of God's creatures" then it is already a decided fate that the animals die.

Next i would like to highlight that your previous quote that by citing that source youself aren't you also indeterminate over your bias as to which animals should die those that should not, as it draws a distinction between invertabrates and vertabrates?

I would like to highlight though that " essentially all of the animals who have survived the research are killed". I ask you this what else could we do these animals aren't wild or able to survive out in the wild. Is it not then justifiable to kill these animals.

I also see a major flaw so far with you arguement as if we can't use animals or humans for testing then what other options are availiable to us and would we really priorities our loved ones lives, when if we had been able to test pharmacuticals that may have been able to help them. I feel that so long as the animals are cared for in suitable conditions and are looked after well. Then aren't they just serving a purpose much like cattle, which we send for slaughter everyday.

"In the European Union, the annual figure is 300 million cattle, sheep, and pigs, and four billion chickens" ( wikipedia )

I personally feel that we would be hypocrites to argue morality of testing on animals when so many animals already die for our own purposes and needs.
Becca.Martin

Con

I am going to this short, I do agree in some points you have made. It's diffrent if they take care
of the animal while using it for testing, but most of the time they do not.
Spaceman

Pro

I do not wish in truth to put my arguement to the extremes but in some terms the preservation of animal species is in part reliant on humanities need of them in circumstances, the only reason that we have cattle and chickens is our reliance on them to survive and likewise is our reliance on animal testing. It is the nature of the world and the biodiversity of some animals is even preserved by animal testing.

finally in consequences we must consider the fact that the on our society if animal testing was not availiable would be evident and cost lives by increasing the cost and development time of medical drugs and procedures. I would argue that then animal testing saves more lives and will continue to do so.
Posted by Becca.Martin 7 years ago
Becca.Martin
Okay u pick it.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
I support animal testing. Challenge me to a debate.
Vote Placed by Marader 7 years ago
Marader
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied
Vote Placed by Vaibanez 7 years ago
Vaibanez
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied
Vote Placed by kiwimelon 7 years ago
kiwimelon
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 7 years ago
RoyLatham
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied
Vote Placed by Koopin 7 years ago
Koopin
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied
Vote Placed by ricky78 7 years ago
ricky78
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied
Vote Placed by ciphermind 7 years ago
ciphermind
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied
Vote Placed by ExplodingNoob 7 years ago
ExplodingNoob
Becca.MartinSpacemanTied