niya54831
bagon475

Should art be taught in school ?

bagon475

niya54831

Pro

I believe art should be taught in shool because it might no be necessary for a lot of jobs but it does opens up creativiy in the human mind. In order to be a successful aurthor, you must have a great sense of creativity.Also you must have creativity in order to be an architect. It might seem unimportant but it kinda is.
bagon475

Con

I d not think that art shoould be taught in school for three main reasons: 1)it cost lots of money to invest into an art class at school(paying the teaher, supplies, and room) and it doesn't necessarily benefit the school. 2)it puts lots of stress on the kid who has to do art projects at home when he can not do it at school(like me i've been through this). 3)There are not many jobs that need art so it does not benefit your future. So if your school spends alot of money in an art department which does not necessarily support the school in anyway, it would be a waste of time at school.
niya54831

Pro

First of all I will be arguing about what my opponent about what he said : it does not benefits your child's future. Actually it does, scientist need to be creative in order to come up with a interesting science project. That also follows for future authors, architecture, chef, dancer, and Illustrator. So basicly it is important and it is NOT a waste of time because it opens up the child's mind in a way that NOBODY can teach them.
bagon475

Con

I first want to debate on one thing my opponent said, "Art opens up creativity." This is not true. It is not art that opens up creativity, but creativity opens art. Creativity can be taught in many other subjects. You can teach how to be creative in english, science, and engineering. So it could be a waste of time to open your mind in art when you can do it in many other subjects in school. Not only is it a waste of time but a waste of money too. And also you can not fail school if you fail art so vote pro.
Vote Placed by Zyanya 5 years ago
Zyanya
niya54831bagon475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I don't really think either should win. The arguments didn't provide reliable sources and both just stated their opinion.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 5 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
niya54831bagon475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: "First of all I will be arguing about what my opponent about what he said" - it should not replace grammar
Vote Placed by boredinclass 5 years ago
boredinclass
niya54831bagon475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con at least had some answer, these were only assertians
Vote Placed by XStrikeX 5 years ago
XStrikeX
niya54831bagon475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I give arguments to Con because I felt he made more arguments that were left unanswered by Pro. Pro only had one sole contention refuted in the final round by Con. Pro only attempted to refute one argument, which was brought back in the end. Not convincing enough on the Pro side. One argument can't win the debate. Spelling and grammar was weak on both sides, so tie.
Vote Placed by BillNyeTheUSSpy 5 years ago
BillNyeTheUSSpy
niya54831bagon475Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I think that both the pro and con could have used some research to make better arguments. By the way, they only responded to one reason of the person's opponent. Con had lots of spelling errors in the 1st round.