Should art be taught in schools?

Started: 4/21/2015 Category: Arts

Should art be taught in school? Why, what a wonderful question. Of course, I would say yes. Obviously. But there is more to art than just jumping around looking like a maniac (and just for your reference, that does not happen). I dance six days a week and I can honestly say life has been moving to my bad side, I wake up gloomy and not happy at all. But I remember that I once got A's and B's and now I have A+, and no, I don't have time to study so I remember things and I move along.

Art can academically improve you grade, it helps you interact with life problems the proper way. People define themselves with art. So why take that away? I've been doing a little research, and I found that most teachers say that a child's education mostly depends on math, english, and science. I've also been doing a little research on how art improves your grade. Like I said above, art can academically improve your grade. It also develops communication skills. Art produces decision making skills in situations were there are no standard answers. Art is sensitive to learning styles and multiple intelligence. Art develops critical and creative thinking skills Art increases awareness of physical reality.

And to all those haters out there, they are so many kinds of dances (like modern) that does not only let you have fun, but is also a stress reliever. And for those of you who don't know, painting, singing, and musicians are only a three examples of art in the world.

Yes, art is a great way for students to be creative and open minded, hence improving their intelligence. It is also a great mind exercise. but should it really be "taught"? Dont you think that placing a judgement and a grade on art is a great limitation. Art should be open and expressive. What one instructor might find beautiful the other may see it as a complete mess. so "teaching" art in school is infact not the greatest thing. When you place judgment (grades) and instructions of how to do arts takes away the whole point of it. Giving these students an hour of expressive arts on the other hand would be much more effective.

Honestly, I think art should be taught in schools. If you look above, there will be my argument. Since I already posted what I think, I will write one more thing.

To those who don't realize, art is also making food, sculpturing, singing, drama, theater, dance, photography, printmaking, painting, music, poetry, writing, animation, etc.

So don't go on about how arts shouldn't be "taught" in school, because when you realize it, arts is already taught in schools whether you like it or not. Taking away the arts would be taking away the life a million human beings.

That being said... ta ta!

maya97 forfeited this round.

Forfeited! Ok, umm... thank you all who took their time to read this debate and I hope you vote that art should be taught in schools. Thank you for you support.

Ta ta!

maya97 forfeited this round.
Posted by ClashnBoom 1 year ago
I hate art class. It happens every Tuesday so every Monday night I'd stay awake so I'd be sick on Tuesday.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture