crazycat01
Overkill

Should art be taught more seriously

Started: 5/8/2013 Category: Arts

crazycat01

Pro

I think that art should be taken more seriously since its one of the few way to express our feeling in our own way! I also think that art can be a friend that you can talk to. If your sad you can paint with the color blue if your happy you can paint with the color red etc.
Overkill

Con

I will accept the challenge with the assumption you are referring to a more serious art programme in school.

As a kid who grew up with possible schizophrenia, clinical depression, post trauma and autism; my response will be quite odd. I have never had any artistic ability and the only form of "art" I could manage, per se, was cartography, et caetera. Albeit, I wasn't interested in art in the first place.

The issue with teaching art is that what you teach, more than likely, will never be used and could only penalize and hold back unfortunate students. If you are as interested in art as I would assume, even you should understand that art is something not learned but something that comes to you naturally. If it is being forced, there is a problem.

I would even go as far to say that art should be purely optional.
crazycat01

Pro

Do you really think that art will never be used? Because I think that art is one way to show your emotion. And you don't have to show your painting or art work you can let the art speak for you. Also, everybody has a different type of art and its the teachers job to show the the wold of art
Overkill

Con

I believe here I will break the mood when I ask what art(s) you may be referring to.

Most forms of art (as a general term) can be used should you be the right person. Multiculturalism and delving into the formalities and typologies of art (as a general term) is canon in most US-based education.
crazycat01

Pro

crazycat01 forfeited this round.
Overkill

Con

Due to the absence of a response, I will end this debate and begin the voting period.
Posted by crazycat01 4 years ago
crazycat01
Yes and I am not talking about forcing the students to learn arts but showing them the different types there is in this world.
Posted by Overkill 4 years ago
Overkill
Are you saying art should be taught more seriously in school?