laleona89
ethopia619

Should assisted suicide be legalized?

laleona89

Pro

I believe that we should have a choice to live or to die. This debate is about legalizing euthanasia.
The first round is just to clarify any doubt about this debate.
The second round will be to post yogur first argument and them my opponent will rebutt and them state another argument.
The third I will rebutt his argument and state another argument and so on until the fourth argument.
ethopia619

Con

Great. Thank you, Pro.

Because of the instructions, I cannot state any arguments. Well, fine by me!
laleona89

Pro

Every person or human being has the right to live, with every right comes a choice. For example with the right to vote come the right to abstain from voting. With the right of speech comes the choice of silence. So with the right of life comes the choice to die.
There are some people that are in late stages of terminal or lethal disease which comes with a lot of pain, and either way he or she is gonna end up dying. Why go through such pain if you could just end it and it will spare him or her and his or her family the pain. I would choose that, but if there is some kind of possibility I could survive I wouldn't choose it but still I'm not everyone so I cannot speak for all.
ethopia619

Con

I thank Pro for her fast response.

"Every person or human being has the right to live, with every right comes a choice. For example with the right to vote come the right to abstain from voting. With the right of speech comes the choice of silence. So with the right of life comes the choice to die." ~ Pro
False. We do not have a choice to die. Fate causes death. In a life, there is a destiny and a fate. You cannot change fate or your destiny. This proves that you do not have the choice to die. Fate chooses when you die.

"There are some people that are in late stages of terminal or lethal disease which comes with a lot of pain, and either way he or she is gonna end up dying. Why go through such pain if you could just end it and it will spare him or her and his or her family the pain. I would choose that, but if there is some kind of possibility I could survive I wouldn't choose it but still I'm not everyone so I cannot speak for all." ~ Pro
False. If you just killed yourself, right when you took the euthanasia medicine, you would drop dead in minutes. Your family would not be prepared in minutes for your death. With that in mind, let me mention about a will. Your family would not have the time for you to make your will, or wish. With that, I'll mention things about your lethal disease. There was a man who survived from HIV, which was seemingly impossible. If you get rid of the chance for your loved one to survive the disease, the person would die an immediate death from euthanasia. <1>

Now, on to my contention:

Euthanasia is incorrect, morally. Euthanasia is a murder or homicide, which is unhelpful toward the human race. <2>

Citations:

<1> http://www.namepros.com...
<2> http://www.buzzle.com...
laleona89

Pro

DEFINITIONS:
a)Murder: theunlawful killing of one human by another, specially with premeditated malice. http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
b) Fate: the supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events.
A final result or consequence: an outcome.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
c) Destiny: a predetermined course of events considered as something beyond humans power or control.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...
d)Will: a legal declaration of how a person wishes his or her possessions to be disposed after death.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

REBUTT:
Con:
1)FATE CAUSES DEATH.
2)YOU CANNOT CHANGE FATE OR DESTINY.
3)YOUR FAMILY WOULDN'T BE PREPARED IN MINUTES FOR YOUR DEATH.
4) YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TIME TO MAKE YOUR WILL
5) MAN WHO SURVIVED HIV
Pro:
1) Fate does not cause death, accidents or diseases do. I know what you meant by it but that is not true. You choose your fate. If fate had chose for me to die at 70 in car crash, I would change that fate by just killing myself and jumping of a bridge, there is how I change fate, so then fate for someone may be euthanasia.
As you can see in my definition of fate it is a SUPPOSED force. You cannot proe it exists, so fate does not choose if someone wants euthanasia or if he doesn't.

2) I think I made it clear in the last point that you can choose and change your fate or destiny

3) Well, when you choose euthanasia, you may want to wait and tell your family, that is when your family prepares for your death. Also families are never prepared for someones death, they just hae to deal it. Look, maybe the family knows he is going to die and tries to get prepared, but when the time for him to die comes they aren't prepared. You honestly cannot be prepared for death, you may try, but you don't know how difficult it will be, so euthanasia isn't an exception. Also the familiy suffer when you suffer, so the less you suffer, the less time your family will have to suffer.

4) When you choose euthanasia you also choose when it will be, so you make the will after you get the injection or whatever it is.

5)HIV is just one disease and not everyone survives it and there are other disease which no one has survived from, and also what if they don't want to lie with it.

My point is that euthanasia is more like suicide and not murder, and you do hae a choice.
ethopia619

Con

Thank you, Pro, for your fast response.

1) "Fate does not cause death, accidents or diseases do. I know what you meant by it but that is not true. You choose your fate. If fate had chose for me to die at 70 in car crash, I would change that fate by just killing myself and jumping of a bridge, there is how I change fate, so then fate for someone may be euthanasia.
As you can see in my definition of fate it is a SUPPOSED force. You cannot proe it exists, so fate does not choose if someone wants euthanasia or if he doesn't." ~ Pro
In your example, your fate was that you would choose euthanasia to kill yourself, and that you would deny jumping off a bridge. Your destiny and fate is already chosen by Zeus, God, Allah, whatever your religion believes in. <1>

2) " I think I made it clear in the last point that you can choose and change your fate or destiny" ~ Pro
I believe I already refuted it.

3) "Well, when you choose euthanasia, you may want to wait and tell your family, that is when your family prepares for your death. Also families are never prepared for someones death, they just hae to deal it. Look, maybe the family knows he is going to die and tries to get prepared, but when the time for him to die comes they aren't prepared. You honestly cannot be prepared for death, you may try, but you don't know how difficult it will be, so euthanasia isn't an exception. Also the familiy suffer when you suffer, so the less you suffer, the less time your family will have to suffer." ~ Pro
This refutation, shows that she partly agrees with me. Why, thank you! Anyhow, let me refute the point that she is trying to make. I will post the quote: " Well, when you choose euthanasia, you may want to wait and tell your family, that is when your family prepares for your death." ~ Pro. You cannot tell your family, because you would be dead in a couple minutes. If you drive home from your physician, or anyone who helped you die, you would be dead before a word would reach your loved ones. You can be prepared for death. Another quote: "Also the familiy suffer when you suffer, so the less you suffer, the less time your family will have to suffer." ~ Pro. False. If you want to take the immediate death, your family would suffer more than choosing a longer, a bit more painful death. Please read: The Last Leaf by O.Henry. In the book, Johnsy suffered Pneumonia, a deadly disease. She survived, because of her will to live. If you get rid of that chance, well, you have no hope of living on. <2>

4) "When you choose euthanasia you also choose when it will be, so you make the will after you get the injection or whatever it is." ~ Pro
Major flaw. You cannot make a will after you get the injection, because you would die a quick death, and your life would be gone faster than you think it would or, you would die in the middle of making your will.

5) "HIV is just one disease and not everyone survives it and there are other disease which no one has survived from, and also what if they don't want to lie with it." ~ Pro
Some people have survived cancer, even if it was seemingly impossible. <3> Technology is growing. It could save your life. If you get rid of the chance, you would definitely die from Euthanasia. <4>

Now, onto my contention(s):

If we legalize Euthanasia, people who are depressed would take the immediate death of Euthanasia, and die at an early age. <4>

If we legalize Euthanasia, the family who had a relative die from Euthanasia would be billed. The health care would be a high cost. <4>

If we legalize Euthanasia, there would be a disrespect for it and an overdose. <4>

Citations

<1> http://hubpages.com...
<2> The Last Leaf by O.Henry
<3> http://surveillance.cancer.gov...
<4> http://www.buzzle.com...

I give thanks to Pro and the readers. Happy Holidays. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Yugi
laleona89

Pro

sorry for taking so long to answer, just procrastinating.

1) "In your example, your fate was that you would choose euthanasia to kill yourself, and that you would deny jumping off a bridge. Your destiny and fate is already chosen by Zeus, God, Allah, whatever your religion believes in. <1>"-Con
Come on I do not believe that my fate is chosen by Zeus, Go, Allah, etc. But well if you believe that fine. Let's say they do then you shouldn't care if euthanasia was legalize because then if your fate is not euthanasia it won't happen and for those who euthanasia is there fate, well you cannot change that so deal with it fate will choose what to do.

2) "This refutation, shows that she partly agrees with me. Why, thank you! Anyhow, let me refute the point that she is trying to make. I will post the quote: " Well, when you choose euthanasia, you may want to wait and tell your family, that is when your family prepares for your death." ~ Pro. You cannot tell your family, because you would be dead in a couple minutes. If you drive home from your physician, or anyone who helped you die, you would be dead before a word would reach your loved ones. You can be prepared for death"-Con

You tell your family before you take the injection and then when they are kind of ready you take the injection.

3) "Another quote: "Also the family suffer when you suffer, so the less you suffer, the less time your family will have to suffer." ~ Pro. False. If you want to take the immediate death, your family would suffer more than choosing a longer, a bit more painful death. Please read: The Last Leaf by O. Henry. In the book, Johnsy suffered Pneumonia, a deadly disease. She survived, because of her will to live. If you get rid of that chance, well, you have no hope of living on. <2>" -Con

Okay you may believe that but many people hate to see their family go through such pain. You can see the pain on their eyes when you go visit them, for some people it eats them up inside to see them hurt like that. I wouldn't want any of my family to suffer that way.

5) "When you choose euthanasia you also choose when it will be, so you make the will after you get the injection or whatever it is." ~ Pro
Major flaw. You cannot make a will after you get the injection, because you would die a quick death, and your life would be gone faster than you think it would or, you would die in the middle of making your will.-Con

Yeah I know major flaw I meant to say before. I always confuse this two mica's in Mexico After is Despues and before is antes. Antes looks more alike to After and before to Despues so I always get confused sorry. If you make the will before you take the injection.

6) "HIV is just one disease and not everyone survives it and there are other disease which no one has survived from, and also what if they don't want to lie with it." ~ Pro
Some people have survived cancer, even if it was seemingly impossible. <3> Technology is growing. It could save your life. If you get rid of the chance, you would definitely die from Euthanasia. <4> -Con

Well when technology grows enough for some other diseases there will be less euthanasia, so what are you worrying about. But in the mean time let those who want to end their suffering end it.

7)"If we legalize Euthanasia, people who are depressed would take the immediate death of Euthanasia, and die at an early age. <4>" - Con

you are not forcing them to die at an early age so let them make their choice. If they legalize euthanasia it coul be with some limits like you cannot choose if you are not older than 18.

8) "If we legalize Euthanasia, the family who had a relative die from Euthanasia would be billed. The health care would be a high cost. <4>" -Con

Well, tell that to the one who is making the choice, maybe he will have some money saved up, let the family deal with it.

9) "If we legalize Euthanasia, there would be a disrespect for it and an overdose. <4>"-Con

Find a way to control it like every other thing they have legalized. Find a way.

Extra Argument:
1. There will be a higher rate of violent suicides if we don't legalize it and if they do legalize it then there will be a lower rate of suicide.
ethopia619

Con

ethopia619 forfeited this round.
Posted by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
Very nice debate from pro! Points were well taken, as she proclaimed that with every right there is a choice!
Posted by vardas0antras 6 years ago
vardas0antras
Pro wins but sadly I can't vote :(
Vote Placed by Darknes 5 years ago
Darknes
laleona89ethopia619Tied
Vote Placed by gavin.ogden 6 years ago
gavin.ogden
laleona89ethopia619Tied