MarimbaNerd2014
Ryanmclfc

Should athletes be paid more than police/firemen? (Those who save humans)

Started: 12/31/2013 Category: Sports

MarimbaNerd2014

Pro

I feel like people such as fire fighters or Policemen should be paid more than what sports players do. The people who dribble a basketball, make field goals, and pitch innings shouldn't be paid millions for entertaining while some of the people who try and make the world a better place or save people are having a hard time feeding their own families. Even if the games the athletes play make millions in revenue for the team, it should be donated for something better than a new stadium or new jerseys.
Ryanmclfc

Con

Do I think that Sportsman SHOULD be paid MORE than our firemen and policeman, well I suppose gun to my head, the only answer really is NO. BUT I do take exception to the reasoning of, Sportsmen SHOULDN'T be paid millions, and the money they generate for their team should be put into the likes of Paramedics or Police departments. The governments job is to generate money from the public to put into the Fire/ Police departments. Because a sports star is talented enough to go and make Millions of dollars whether it be from endorsements or sports teams I don't think this is wrong, the money that the team or company has is at their expenditure to enhance their brand. The best way to enhance your brand or team is to pay the best stars the best money to represent you. The entire world is essentially a business, the best people pick up the best pay cheques. Because you are a fireman this does NOT entitle you to a Million Dollar salary, the same is said about a NFL Quarterback. When the money comes around, it could be said of the individual to do what he wants with their money, an instance is a soccer player called "Kaka" Donates around 60% of his pay cheque to the church, a personal decision, Adidas and his club still make him earn multi-million $ deals every year. Because being a top player makes him recognizable to the brand hence making them money.

Your problem should not be with a sports star or even with The brands/ teams (Adidas, The Yankees or the Patriots) It should be with the government not paying people who risk their lives for ours enough money.
MarimbaNerd2014

Pro

MarimbaNerd2014 forfeited this round.
Ryanmclfc

Con

Ryanmclfc forfeited this round.
MarimbaNerd2014

Pro

MarimbaNerd2014 forfeited this round.
Ryanmclfc

Con

Ryanmclfc forfeited this round.
Posted by MarimbaNerd2014 3 years ago
MarimbaNerd2014
I feel like artists and musicians shouldn't take the fall, though. For some people, music or art literally saves their life from drugs, domestic violence, suicide, etc. and it helps people be happy. And, a lot of artists and musicians are doing so as a hobby and don't even make money.
Posted by QuothTheRaven 3 years ago
QuothTheRaven
I agree with your stance on the subject. Policemen and firemen are those who protect and serve us as well put their lives on the line. If the world thought like this though who is to say that musicians and artists would take the fall too...