guitar26
Austin96

Should austin be allowed to eat any more junk food??

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

guitar26

Con

I have pondered long and hard about this particular subject...in the end deciding that austin should definetly not be allowed to eat any junk food. Have you seen the extension of his stomach, and (pardon me) his fat butt? I know it is difficult but i know for assurity that this boy/girl should not each junk food and consider focusing on more healthy foods such as salad and other vegetables and should definetly consider a diet. Perhaps join a weight loss assosiation? There are many people who are..... 'like him' at those types of things, if you know what I mean. Any thoughts?
Austin96

Pro

First off, I would like to thank my opponent for challenging me to a debate. I look forward to debating this topic, especially because it is about me.

My first contention is the Constitution. It specifically says that we, as citizens of the United States of America, have the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This means that if I want to eat junk food, I can eat junk food because it makes me happy. It seems as though you are trying to take away my Constitutional rights, which neither you or I do not have the authority to take away.

Contention two: I am not obese by medical definition. I took a BMI Test last week, and I weigh 135 pounds, I'm 5'9, and I have a body fat percentage of only 3%. By medical definition, I am not the least bit obese. Another big problem with your argument is that you say "Have you seen the extension of his stomach, and his fat butt?" The key word is "see". Seeing is a matter of perception, and no two people perceive things the exact same way. To you, I may look fat, whereas someone else may think I am anorexic.

Contention three: stereotyping is awful. Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that you are implying that all people who eat junk food are obese. I ask for your definition of obese, and your definition of junk food.

I look forward to carrying this debate on and again I would like to thank my opponent for this challenge.
guitar26

Con

guitar26 forfeited this round.
Austin96

Pro

I restate my previous argument
guitar26

Con

"My first contention is the Constitution. It specifically says that we, as citizens of the United States of America, have the right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness"

As I have stated in the title, i specifically said SHOULD Austin be allowed to eat junk food?? This debate it not about your rights, or what you HAVE to do, it is simply about what you SHOULD do, (whether you take the advice or not). So we don't have to worry about your constitutional rights.

As for contention 2: Is there a specific weight limit that states if you are obese or not? If anyone thought you were anorexic, they would be blind. Ask anyone, that butt is one big whale that anyone would love to shoot a big harpoon at!!!

Contention three: 'stereotyping is awful. Forgive me if I am wrong, but it seems to me that you are implying that all people who eat junk food are obese. I ask for your definition of obese, and your definition of junk food.'
Only if you eat TOO MUCH junk food my dear padawan. My definition of obese is anyone that is above average..although a fat butt may be attractive..it is not attractive to those of the same gender, unless of course that person is homosexual. My definition of junk food of course is sugar food, top of the pyramid boy!!! gotta get low!!!!

Austin96

Pro

Contention 1: I understand that you state SHOULD in the resolution, but the outcome of this debate does not translate to the real world. Your fiat world does not coincide with the principles, laws, philosophies, or realities of the real world. I am referring to the Constitution as a credible source. You are only referring to your subjective opinion. Thus this argument fails.

Contention 2: First off, whether or not a person is obese does NOT depend on how much they weigh, but rather their fat content and weight vs. their height. As for sub-point two, you are making awful assumptions. It's like saying someone is def because they did not hear that Osama bin-Laden was killed, which of course is completely false. You also said "Ask ANYONE, that butt is one big whale that anyone would love to shoot a big harpoon at!!!". There are almost 7 billion people in the world, and you're saying that not a single person has an opinion contrary to yours. The fact that you challenged me to a debate and that I am rebutting it completely trumps your entire contention.

Contention 3: You never said how much junk food is too much, not did you site your source of the definition. Because you left it for open interpretation, I declare that I DO NOT eat too much junk food, but rather not enough. And junk food is not the ONLY thing that makes one obese. As for your definition of obese, you never sited your source and your definition is completely ridiculous. I fail to see how, in your definition, homosexual people relate to obesity whatsoever, thus your definition does not stand.

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate
Posted by guitar26 5 years ago
guitar26
oh nevermind i figured it out
Posted by guitar26 5 years ago
guitar26
oh i didnt even know i did that also how do i add another debate im new at this haha
Posted by Austin96 5 years ago
Austin96
Yea it does. You're the one who started this debate, and you're the one who set time limits. You should have set larger time limits.
Posted by guitar26 5 years ago
guitar26
i didn't forfeit anything??? does it automatically forefeit me if i don't reply by a certain time? if so that sucks!!
Vote Placed by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
guitar26Austin96Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Lol. Fairly obvious