Lee001
roldale24

Should beauty pageants be illegal?

Lee001

Lee001

Pro

So many young children, mostly girls look up to these "beauty queens" They feel need to be exactly like them, to be perfect, they need to wear loads of makeup, have they're hair pervert and be skinny, which can lead to anorexia. To many girls are worried on how they look and act when they should be. They should be playing with they're friends and now worrying if they are perfect or not.
roldale24

Con

I will Accept the challenge. For the sake fairness I will not post a full argument in this round, therefore giving both my opponent and I two rounds to full debate this topic. I would like to address the fact that child beauty pageants are one of the least influential things on young girls. Magazines, Movies, and even adult beauty pageants set a much worse example for young girls as to their body image, not even mentioning that banning a certain activity because one doesn't agree with it is a gross abuse of the power of the federal government (I'm am assuming that the ban would be nationwide).
Lee001

Pro

But magazines and T.V shows are almost the same. Like magazines post pictures of girls on the runway. It the exact same thing! and lets think about this.. Do we really need a women to represent our sate? I think not. What is society trying to teach children?
roldale24

Con

roldale24 forfeited this round.
Lee001

Pro

Lee001 forfeited this round.
roldale24

Con

roldale24 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Lee001roldale24Tied
Reasons for voting decision: pro ff'd less.