SnowQueeGaming
heywil2

Should beginner artists use expensive art supplies?

Started: 5/12/2016 Category: Arts

SnowQueeGaming

Pro

The first round is just for acceptance. In later rounds, I will state my arguments and I wish for the opponent to do the same.
heywil2

Con

Hi, yes I accept this. Please, everyone, let me win! Anyways, do you want to be friends? Also, I believe that their are multiple answers to this. I think no, however. This web helps though for my answers. "http://www.art-is-fun.com...;
(that should get me points for sources!)
SnowQueeGaming

Pro

So I believe that beginners should have the right whether or not to use expensive art supplies because when you really get down to it, all of us artists do art for fun. It's our hobby, it's our passion, and we love it. And of using these supplies will enhance that experience, there's no reason why beginners shouldn't use these supplies.

It can go both ways. If the artist would rather use cheaper art supplies such as Crayola, they should do that because it makes them happier.

It all depends on which would make the artist happier, and which supplies enhance their experience.
heywil2

Con

I kind of agree too, but we are not talking about what the artist wants, for we are talking about what would be the best choice, which is to use beginner utensils, then progress up. Plus, you may make a major mistake and ruin your art because of your lack of inexperience.

Please let me win! I will be everyone's friend!
SnowQueeGaming

Pro

I know you said what would be the best choice in general, but doing what the artist wants is the best choice. Like I said, the artist should do whatever he/she can to enhance their art experience.

You mentioned that the artist may regret it if he/she screws up and wastes art supplies. It's all part of the learning experience. And it's not like it's just beginners that do this. There are artists who are absolutely phenomenal, but they will screw up here and there and waste lots of art supplies, (which ultimately translate to money) on a piece that ended up in the trash can. Because of this, It's ultimately inevitable that an artist will waste some art supplies here and there, no matter how good or bad they are.

I do agree with your statement that an artist should use beginner art supplies and progress up. Though that may be what many artists would do (including me), they should still go whatever path they wish. Like I said, an artist should use whatever supplies they want, especially if it enhances their experiences in the art world.
heywil2

Con

However, making mistakes may help, if you begin with easy supplies, you will start out perfect. They will teach you how. It is like 1stt grade, 2nd grade so on. If you start out on 6th grade, you don't even know the basics!
Posted by heywil2 1 year ago
heywil2
I checked your account (I check everyone's). I ask this to everyone, but... are you actually 14? I am actually who I am, but are you like a 12 year old pretending to be a 14 so you can join debate org?