Should being fat be a crime?
Debate Rounds (3)
- May God Bless
hosseymac forfeited this round.
dballer123456789 forfeited this round.
2) Separation of church and state. Christianity has no support to offer when passing a "just" law. You can't make being fat illegal just because God said to take care of your body.
3) Since when did a special percentage get excused from the law? Mentally ill people are not automatically exempt from a punishment for a crime. It is unfair to those who are fat uncontrollably. Then you get into the issue of fat people pleading the fact that they "can't help it." So making fat people criminals would just further complicate court cases, waste people's time, and honestly, make judges really hate their jobs. Passing this as a law really has no true benefit to society. How would you even propose to pass this as a law? What is your argument?
4) It's morally sound to not kill murder. It's morally sound to not lie. It's morally sound to not steal. If so, then why do people still do it?
5) Drugs are illegal so you're saying junk food should be treated as such? People will still break the law. And millions will be out of jobs because oops- no more fast food. no more quick stuff. What about junk food dealers?
6) Why should people have to rely on the government to get them healthy? Weren't you the one who just gave a speech on why you should be a homesteader (or whatever it's called") so that you didn't have to pay taxes to the government or support them because they poorly spend those tax dollars?
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Chaosism 1 year ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to convincingly support his arguments for his position.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.