kfonseca93
frozen_eclipse

Should being gay be such a big deal in society?

frozen_eclipse

kfonseca93

Con

I want to argue about how being gay is so big in society today. Why is it such a big deal when it has existed for years? They are still human beings, the only difference is that the prefer to have a relationship with someone who's like them. I want someone to argue against me, and explain to me why it is such a big deal now? I want someone to have 3 rounds with me and at least 3000 characters. Please keep it clean and do not take anything that is said personal.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

Seeing as there is no structure offered in this debate, I will enact my liberty to post my argument at this time. The round will then move into the refutation phase. Lastly into conclusive summaries.

being gay absolutely is, and should be a big deal in society.

There is much debate over the naturality of homosexuality and there is much prosecution.

Most of society believes that homosexuality is a choice. While the homosexuals themselves preach that they were born this way. Since there is this misunderstanding it has to be debated whether These individuals were born this way or if they choose to be like this. In most religions homosexuals are said to be abominations. So in effect throughout history they have been treated cruelly. Hitler killed gay people,In the 6th Century, Byzantine emperor Justinian was especially harsh against homosexuals. The emperor ordered that unrepentant gay man be punished severely through mutilating his genitals. They then dragged the man naked through the streets and finally burnt him at the stake. Kids are being killed for being gay as of just recently..........http://www.matchdoctor.com...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Being gay has a strong possibility be a natural. Society doesn't easily accept this.
So since this is happening, being gay is a hot issue. The people who are doing the killings don't understand gay people and since there different they want to hurt them. While most people believe homosexuality is a choice those who are homosexual will valiantly defend the naturality of homosexuality. There is this one study that comes to the conclusion that homosexual men's brains are synonymous to a females brain as is the same effect for lesbians.........http://www.guardian.co.uk...
This added with the additional findings in this study promote the possibility that homosexuality may be an effect of hormone imbalances,and a different brain anatomically, Also lets plug in the fact that who would willingly choose a gay life style? No one while growing up says they want to be gay. I mean why would they? gay people especially during teen years are confused about who, what, and why they are what they are. They have to face ridicule and prosecution for the rest of there lives. Though gay people accept who they are and embrace it. I'm sure every single gay person wishes they were straight because it would be a easier life for them. So with these facts being stated, I is highly probable that homosexuality is present at birth.

Homosexuals are denied rights.
The public isn't so accepting of this possibility so it is a big deal. Especially since they have rights like every other human. Some people think gays shouldn't be able to marry, or adopt children. Since everyone atleast in America is guaranteed life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and equality these issues are and should be a big deal in our society..............http://thinkprogress.org...

http://www.forandagainst.com...

http://www.bidstrup.com...

So in conclusion since There is much debate over the naturality of homosexuality and there is much prosecution, Being gay has a strong possibility be a natural. Society doesn't easily accept this, and lastly Homosexuals are denied rights. Then being gay should be a huge issue in the society of whom are oppressing them and depriving them of there rights. These bold facts proves my Bop and the reasons for a vote in affirmation.

kfonseca93

Con

kfonseca93 forfeited this round.
frozen_eclipse

Pro

Since my opponent has forfeited, my case faces no contentiousness and thus has been proven.

kfonseca93

Con

kfonseca93 forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Matthew3.14 4 years ago
Matthew3.14
kfonseca93frozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had given sources and provided arguments Con failed to even make a response to.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
kfonseca93frozen_eclipseTied