Matpat
fishhunter61

Should "big words" be allowed?

Matpat has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Matpat

Pro

Welcome, mortals! You dare challenge me in a battle of wit? Is your eloquence acceptable or downright pernicious? Are you smarter than a man who confuses geniuses? The man who understands genius-level science? This battle is completely won by eloquence and flow of speech. Challenge me, mere mortals!
fishhunter61

Con

Tsktsks, you crave for a worthy Adversary?
Well, you have discovered me the Abstentious Antidisestablishmentarianismist! Make Preparations to be defeated and receive Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis! You wish to fight a battle of sagacity? Well, stop all this kerfuffle and pace backwards, for your shrieks will sound like cacophony! So leave this argument, before you become woebegone.
Matpat

Pro

Woe be the mere mortal who ponders what audacity they have to attempt at pulverising me! Your words are atrocious and unbelievable. This isn't a game, rather a test of wit. And your statement was absentminded, whimsical nonsense created by a 1st grader learning phonics.
fishhunter61

Con

A game of wit? What game? My adversary wishes to engage me in a game of wit, yet sets up no subject to debate or game to amuse myself in! My adversary is the unbelievable one here. He asks for big words and I give it to him. Maybe the words weren't big enough? In that case I shall give him another. Here is a link, for the word is quite to long.
http://www.digitalspy.com...
'Methionylthreonylthreonylglutaminylarginyl...isoleucine' is the chemical name for titin. It is the longest word at 189,819 letters. Because my adversary wishes for big words, and I gave him the biggest one, I win.
Posted by fishhunter61 1 year ago
fishhunter61
What a shame my opponent couldn't continue the debate.
Posted by dr.jimmythefish 1 year ago
dr.jimmythefish
If one interprets biggest as most widespread then it's not a chemical name.
Posted by Matpat 1 year ago
Matpat
what? they're real words
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Why are you guys making such long, nonsensical words? Are you trying to outdo Mary Poppins?
Posted by Matpat 1 year ago
Matpat
Calling this debate floccinaucinihilipilification probably means you have pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis and don't know what onomatopoeias are and you, therefore, are an antidisestablishmentarianism.
Posted by Tree_of_Death 1 year ago
Tree_of_Death
This should be fun to watch. Good luck floccinaucinihilipilificating those jumentous aeolists!