Luxray2854
FakeAmericansUr

Should boys and girls be put into separate schools?

Luxray2854

Luxray2854

Pro

More or less what I would like to argue is a recent issue concerning all boys/all girl schools. Some people say that these would help in increasing our children's knowledge, where others say it'll do more harm than good.
Put into words however, the benefits outweigh the problems. When only teaching one gender, teachers get to tailor their teaching styles to the behavior of their students more efficiently than any public school can.
One thing it does too is shut down many of the stereotypes of what students should be learning. I firmly believe that if you separate boys and girls you will make it so boys can take an easier interest in poetry/English and girls can take in math and science better without fear of being judged by the opposite gender.
If you disagree with my stance, please accept the challenge. This is my first ever debate on here, so I'll try my best.
FakeAmericansUr

Con

With the popularity of feminism on the rise this style is way too sexist to fix anything, young men and women need to understand eachother now more than ever or they will bought into lies. Father and Mothers ask yourselves if its a pround for a kid Man/Woman to be feminist and Shovanist. That's what is created whenn guyz and girls can't learn to get along. And while school=education and my point sounds senseless. Do see my big picture, the most education of all is to deal with people. And here's another for teachers, do you want more disciplinary problems you already have. Think about it, Boys and Girls willl sneak to meet eachother and more pink slip work. This is not a solution to anything. Teachers through history have already learned this. I mean the education to deal with everyone is the more important education of all. You won't it science, Geology or Biology i admit. But a kid needs to learn to deal with people or we won't have a job at all, irrelevant of how smart he is. Do understand my picture please. This separate school thing has never solved anything.
Luxray2854

Pro

I should have stated that I am not a feminist. This debate should have nothing to do with feminism. I am a high school male (in a public school).
Now as I see it, yes there is a stereotype created by all boys/all girl schools. It sadly does say that yes, boys come to school to look at girls and girls are perfect and just want the education. Sadly, this is one of the things we have to deal with. Pushing a stereotype that's already been around for years honestly isn't bad when it comes to your education. Think about it. Is a very minor stereotype worth a better education and an all around more successful life?
I say yes.
Now one thing that you had also addressed is the "social barrier" that will be created by these schools. One thing you need to think of is the fact that going to these schools does not make it so you will never see a person of the opposite gender again. You will still get to see people of the opposite gender, just not at your school.
FakeAmericansUr

Con

Yes their is ideal and their is reality now yes you're My example was catholic school based it was the best and most common example and you think if it had no catholic style to it just barriers it would be better what I'm reading. You might onto something there very few reports are reported about that. But with all due respect i don't think you see the big picture. Do understand out of all the classes and this isn't about too femisism too btw. This is about dealing with people. You may not fully see. But Biology, Physical science, and 95% of modern curriculums(aka classes for short) are irrelevant in the real world. And when i say deal with girls I'm not talking girl watching but if you separate sexes you separate the likelihood of dealing with people best. That's my point. People need healthy views to deal well in this world....u can't separate and get the best dealing possible. And most importantly you don't learn the number #1 most useful tool if you don't learn to deal with people. You need to deal with both genders for that. Have your friends both male and female. You will learn best when you can learn both dealing...it's help both sides. I mean get a high school sweetheart and alot of guyz get a better grade boost. Same on the other end too. I mean attraction can be both, but same sex school never teach the most important lessons of all. At best they teach you how to deal with the same sex. They don't improve your grades any. And you don't learn any better either.
Luxray2854

Pro

Now one thing I cannot debate back here is if you will get better grades by being in an all boys/all girls school as I am not in one. Not learning better though, I can debate back.
My school occasionally separates boys and girls into different classes (my school expiriments with this stuff a lot, I don't know why). Without the prescense of girls in our class, it makes things so much more relaxed for us, because of less distractions to us, and the fear of being judged for getting an answer wrong is seemingly nullified.
Because I had said it before, I will say it again. Separating boys and girls will not make it so they never see a member of the opposite gender again. You have the opportunity to see them the rest of the time you're not at school. There's much room for dating too, so saying " I mean get a high school sweetheart and alot of guyz get a better grade boost" does nothing to this debate.
FakeAmericansUr

Con

Well this debate does not account for guys or girls who have problems dealing with eachother, this debate is only intended to state neutral facts. I mean have good grades because females aren't there is like saying I'll trade a big victory of enlightenment for a 5 second better grade. Once the problems of separation will once again surface tomorrow, in these students. I mean also you don't get that under things suggested you don't get prom either, and this involves teacher btw. Male/Female coaches will also likely become sexist during the process too, because that's ok for good grades. And guys judge guys too. This doesn't make wrong judgements but even after high school, these problems will surface. And with all due respect, just like You don't seem to see the bigger picture...you're class go away after you graduate for the most part. But proper understanding of how to deal with everything is the important for today and tomorrow.
But as far as what your saying bout your school. You don't need segregation, it sounds to me like you just need to learn to control your hormones today. Its a lesson for today and tomorrow. And I'm a guy too so I understand and remember when i was in your shoes, so please don't justify what i say, and don't even think i don't understand. What I'm proposing even great HS athletes have even used and learned aand when they did that they got grades played good ball and had the best of whatever they want. If my tales have been proven in even coaches and athletes why suggest a 5 second solution, when you can just take the best one.
Your a good debater and I respect you, No matter what sir best of luck.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
Luxray2854FakeAmericansUrTied
Reasons for voting decision: con really offers nothing to support his case. Feminism? That's not really what the debate is about.
Vote Placed by TrasguTravieso 2 years ago
TrasguTravieso
Luxray2854FakeAmericansUrTied
Reasons for voting decision: I wish Con had gone to a school (whether separated by sex or not) in which they had taught him decent grammar. Pro's case was mostly anecdotal or unsupported assertion of opinion and doesn't therefore meet the burden of proof, Con's case hardly deserves the name and does nothing to address the issue. I therefore give the points for spelling and grammar to Con and for the rest counter Max.Wallace's obvious votebomb (no justification for his vote other than his own opinion).