Feathermoon111
David_Debates

Should cats be declawed?

Feathermoon111 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Feathermoon111

Con

In my opinion cats should not be declawed. Declawing is a surgery that amputates the claw from the bone which will never grow back. What do you think?
David_Debates

Pro

Declawing is a surgical procedure that removes the claws from a cat. This ought to be allowed, for 2 main reasons:

1) The cat is not a human, and thus has no human rights.

The main reason why Con is opposed to declawing, as I infer from her R1 argument, is because it is inhumane. However, if the object we are talking about is not human, then we need not treat it humanely.

2) The procedure is benifical.

Declawing is incredbly usefull with violent or destructive cats.

Seeing that Con didn't present a full constructive, I'll wait, and this will merely serve as my opening statement.
Posted by OneSlipperyBoi 2 months ago
OneSlipperyBoi
I think that declawing cats is great! For indoor cats only, though. I own a declawed cat and she is just as happy as any other cat. Though a bit more aggressive towards her fellow house cats. Unlike the other cats, she doesn't destroy furniture or Scratch me, and I don't have any concern about her fighting other cats. Plus that thing about cats being in pain for the rest of their lives is totally fake. Do you really believe that a simple surgery will do that to a cat? Have you ever gotten surgery before? Can you still feel the pain of that? No? That's what I mean, people.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I'm personally against declawing. I get why people suggest it, but I've watched one episode of "My Cat from Hell", where Jackson Galaxy, the guy who teaches people how to get their cats not mean, he once met a family who declawed their cat, and it got me into this stance. Jackson said it removes cats' prime defense, making it not able to properly fight off any dangers. I get the whole Animal Rights vs Human Rights, and I feel like that's highly opinionated. Anyways, if this debate did go on, I'm not sure who I would've voted for, if anyone.