mypokemansletmeshowuthem
Dheu

Should cell phones be allowed in school?

mypokemansletmeshowuthem

Con

I think cell phones should not be allowed in school because:
1. Cell phones are a major distraction.
2. You can get phone calls in the middle of class
3. In a lockdown, you can get phone calls.
FACTS:
1. Students could get in trouble for playing games in classes
2. Students may get too much screen time
3. Cell phones give off a small amount of radiation
4. Some kids may not have enough money to buy one.
Dheu

Pro

I will be accepting this debate. I'm assuming the first round will be acceptance, as my opposition did not state the rounds.

I will be debating that phones should be allowed in schools. I shall give short rebuttals and then give my points.

Con states:

"1. Cell phones are a major distraction."
-- Stating that cell phones are a distraction is a subjective statement. What may be distracting to you may not be distracting to me. I disagree with this, cell phones are not a distraction in schools at all, people have the rights to use them in class and for them to use it means they know they will might be missing on some important lectures. That's on them, it doesn't endanger my learning/education so it doesn't bother me.

"2. You can get phone calls in the middle of class"
-- Simple. Turn off the phone, put it on silence. Every cell phone has an easy access button on the phone to easily put the phone on silent, and or turn the phone off.

"3. In a lockdown, you can get phone calls."
-- Wouldn't this support having a phone call? If my school was to be in a lockdown, I would want to call my parents/guardians to know I am doing okay and my school is in a lockdown. Perhaps you can clarify this statement more?

Con's "FACTS"
"1. Students could get in trouble for playing games in classes
4. Some kids may not have enough money to buy one."
-- These points are irrelevant to the debate because it doesn't support cell phones not being allowed to schools. Theoretical, radiation, and saying that "some" kids might not have enough moneys do not support that cell phones should not be allowed at school.

My Quick Points.
- Education is greatly expanding to technology, we should be embracing technology and use it in our school systems.
- Cell phones these days includes internet, which can greatly help in searching for information.
- Communication with friends and family is greatly used with cell phones, by using cell phones you have communication to people outside of school
- Treating teens like adults. By giving access to cell phones, you have given respect to students and you tell them you can trust them. By doing this they will most-likely be respectful towards the teacher and won't cause a commotion.
mypokemansletmeshowuthem

Con

mypokemansletmeshowuthem forfeited this round.
Dheu

Pro

It appears my opponent hasn't been online since the day he posted the debate... so...
mypokemansletmeshowuthem

Con

In a lockdown, if there was a guy at the door hearing every word you are saying to your parents. Yet I will take into consideration your arguments.
Dheu

Pro

Dheu forfeited this round.
Posted by Craighawley215 2 years ago
Craighawley215
No worries, just thought that was amusing. Looking forward to this one.
Posted by Dheu 2 years ago
Dheu
@Craighawley215 Yeah I had forgotten to remove that part after seeing there were only three rounds. My mistakes.
Posted by Craighawley215 2 years ago
Craighawley215
"I'm assuming the first round will be for acceptance..." (proceeds to argue against Con's claims...)