Archibald_the_Great
carsen5507

Should cell phones be allowed in school?

Started: 2/22/2013 Category: Technology

Archibald_the_Great

Con

Cell phones should not be allowed in school simply because they are a big distraction for everyone, facilitate cheating, and cause the student to not be able to learn as much as they could without the cell phone.
Archibald_the_Great

Con

My opponent here appears to be a man of few words. One word does not support your case at all in the first place. If you had more to say I might consider your argument. But I have a rocket launcher, your argument is invalid. Second, Cell phones are used most times to browse the Internet, or text a friend. These are major distractions, especially if the phone goes off in class. Sure cell phones can be used to look up educational subject matters, but lets be honest, kids aren't so innocent. Third, most cell phones have a calculator installed or an application for this. This can be used to cheat on math test when you should have known what you were doing in the first place. And Fourth, cell phones prevent learning. sure you can listen to the lesson, but it isn't as effective as paying complete attention. In the end, my opponent has absolutely no valid points, and my case still stands strong.
carsen5507

Pro

First off to my pompous ignorant competitor I will say screw you and I have a tank so yeah. Next not all students are rebellious infants, some children have the ability to control themselves unlike yourself. They are able to use a calculator without cheating and I'm kind of confused on what you mean on children not being so innocent. Cell phones are a large contribution to our future adults, they can help them with research, being more social, and study aids.
Archibald_the_Great

Con

My opponent has brought up some valid point in which I will shoot down with my rocket launcher of debating. I, personally do not need a calculator to figure out a math problem, because I paid attention and learned the formulas and equations required. I don't use my cell phone very often either so I'm not among those who would use it in class. Also note that children don't always do the right thing. I mean lets face it, They're children. While it is true that there are children out there who are not "rebellious infants" there are those few who do "rebel" that disrupt the lessons. Sure cell phones are a big part in our future lives, but if your instructor wanted you to use a cell phone, calculator, or even the Internet, what ever it is, they would tell you to use these things. Its not like we need more practice with these things anyways. That is what my argument is addressing. That is why we need to ban, limit, or even just control the usage of cell phones in school.
carsen5507

Pro

carsen5507 forfeited this round.
Posted by DebateHS1 3 years ago
DebateHS1
Make sure that your debate remains appropriate; do not personally attack your opponents. Address their ideas.
Posted by DebateHS1 3 years ago
DebateHS1
Keep on task.