Intellisio
Yuva

Should cell phones be allowed in schools?

Intellisio
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Post Voting Period

Intellisio

Pro

I believe that cell phones should be allowed in school.
Yuva

Con

Respected students ,teachers,members of the jury,and my dear friends I'm Yuva I strongly support phones should not be allowed in schools.
I accept that the technology as advanced and everything is high-tech. But it is not necessary to use mobile phones in school. The only reason why students bring smart phones/cell phones only to read the subject or the topic online.
Then why there is teachers in school if students depend on phones than teachers. So we should not bring phones to school.
Intellisio

Pro

I believe that cell phones should be allowed in school. Cell phones are vital at school due to our growing generations. As our technology advances, so do our students. The rapid pace that technology is moving at is truly fascinating. We must keep in mind that many students rely on cell phones in today's society. Cell phones can be allowed at school as long as they are off during the day. We are arguing about whether phone should be ALLOWED in school. This case has nothing to do with whether we are allowed to use them. In my school, we have a phones off and away policy. We are allowed to bring phones to school as long they are off during the day. Sometimes we need them for a class and our teacher notifies us beforehand. We have homework and a phone lets you take pictures of notes and important test reviews. Cell phones are used at school very often. If a student has an after school activity, they can inform their parents using their CELL PHONE. Cell phones are commonly used for spreading information. As we all know, many schools in general use Google Classroom. Google Classroom is an easy and efficient tool teachers use to post resources and homework. Kids can use their phones to check homework or test grades. Many times there is a shortage of computers for kids to access. During those moments, kids who have phones can use them. Many students need their cell phones in order to let their parents know of any certain changes throughout their day. Kids have access to their parents in case of an emergency. Many parents track their kids through their phones. This in very important in today's society. We don't know and can't predict what will happen every day. Even if we ban and get rid of cell phones from school, we all know that cell phones tend to find a way inside school. A 2010 Pew Research Center study found that "65 percent of cell-owning teens bring their phones to school despite any bans that may be in place." This shows that students' phones WILL be and are in school no matter what so we should allow phones to get rid of the extra trouble.
Yuva

Con

With reference to my first argument, If phones are existing in school hours teachers do not have any work to do. I think that "Teachers are far better than a dumb Phone". Interacting verbally is far better than in text ,students communication skill improves,they know how to express their feelings and thoughts if they are connected with people Now having mobile phones can actually 'technically' socialize you. Now they have the good part and the bad part. The bad part, they can take you to a stage where you're always concerned how to get yourself more attention on the social media and compete with others only to more likes than others, get disconnected from the real world and real friends and "".. blah. The good part they can actually help in connecting with your friends and help discover some new and old friends.
Well this is something that matters the most. A lecture going on and the students busy on their phones. This situation is every school'sR03; nightmare. Or all the students sharing really funny jokes about the teacher. This really does affect the student (way lot academically) but also the school.
Being aware of the main student"s objective to study at school it does not prevent them from using phones that are great distractors of attention. Even simply lying next to the student makes him or her lose focus and get interested in the phone more than in the topic of the lesson
So I Strongly support that students should not bring mobile phones to schools ,but the schools can provide phones to the students and teach them with tech based materials to get them advanced and it will too be a fun way of learning.
Intellisio

Pro

Yuva made a statement that said "A lecture going on and the students busy on their phones. This situation is every school'sR03; nightmare. Or all the students sharing really funny jokes about the teacher. This really does affect the student (way lot academically) but also the school." This is not really accurate. Students often are not occupied with their phones during class. In our generation, students are more preoccupied with getting good grades and trying to beat the competition.

Second, students do share funny jokes about the teacher. I am not against that statement. The only thing is that students don't need a phone to do that, do they? Students pass notes, whisper, and make hand signals during class. This is normal. It has happened almost at every school. On a blog, it states, "Apart from many functions that distract student"s attention cell phones can be also used as learning aids. Calculators, search for extra materials, visual representation, vocabularies, a calendar are only some of the functions that can be useful for learning. Let alone a diversity of modern educational applications that can provide additional knowledge in different fields of study." Cell phones are used for educational purposes in schools. They are extremely helpful. I know it feels like I repeated this statement a lot. I am really trying to place emphasis on this fact.

Yuva also stated "So I Strongly support that students should not bring mobile phones to schools ,but the schools can provide phones to the students and teach them with tech based materials to get them advanced and it will too be a fun way of learning." I think something we have to realize is that not all schools are rich. Some schools try to prevent technology. I respect their opinions. It is also not in the school's best interest to provide the students with phones. They don't have the funds to supply a thousand phones to students. Many schools have chromebooks, which are really helpful during class. In my school, sometimes there are too many students and not enough chromebooks. In those instances, phones become really helpful.

Thank you for taking this time to debate with me. I fully respect your views, but my opinion stands strong and has not wavered.

Sources: http://blog.noplag.com...
Yuva

Con

A cell phone which can be used to help a student study can also be used to help a student cheat very easily since the correct information can be saved on the phone, or it can also be located very easily on the Internet. Although many schools have placed a campus-wide ban on cell phones, students have the skills necessary to surreptitiously use them to their advantage. A case such as this has been documented in New York where a group of seventy students participated in the sharing of text messages that included photos of test pages. In Long Island, students with the aid of cell phones, created fake is to impersonate other students taking the SAT.
It is said in the same blog which you cataloged that:
65% of students still use cell phones in school premises even being aware of the official ban;
35% of pupils admit cheating using their phones;
Even cheating has also stepped to the age of the new technology with the appearance of mobile phones and tablets. Now it is not necessary to pass notes or whisper if you can send a text message or surf the Internet for a right answer. Of course, you would ask where a teacher is when that happens. The way is rather simple: each pupil can excuse himself to visit a washroom and do his task there. There are also some great applications like calculators or libraries with books to be used too.
It even causes health issues Electromagnetic fields produced by phones come into the direct contact with pupils" brains and influence the overall state of the organism. People, who use cell phones, are several times more subjected to brain tumors, acoustic neuromas. There were other adverse health consequences like leukemia, infertility and different types of cancers.
You are only saying that schools are not rich to provide phones to all the students ,I suggest that now majority of the schools have Smart Boards set up in their classrooms which is like a Giant mobile phone having the same facilities which is in the phones.It even helps to teach all the students at a same time.
You stated that "I am really trying to place emphasis on this fact" the topic seems to have no relation with fact.
I even thank you for having an interesting debate.
I sturdily say that phones should not be allowed to schools.
Posted by Jayvin 1 week ago
Jayvin
You have bad grammar
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 week ago
dsjpk5
IntellisioYuvaTied