bestfriendswithdebating
Rachelle1625

Should children attend same sex schools?

bestfriendswithdebating

Con

Obviously this is a bad idea. Everything every child does in a day is influenced by the other gender. If you take that away, the world would be such a confusing place. The National Institute of mental Health published a study saying that boys and girls learn in the same ways and at similar paces. I'd say that that is proof enough.
Rachelle1625

Pro

I mean I honestly go for both. But I think it would be a great idea for elementary students and middle school students to go to same gender schools and then in high school they could mix together. It would be awful if the either gender went to the same gender school for their whole life.
bestfriendswithdebating

Con

Okay, I see what you are saying, but really. I have a little sister who is in fifth grade right now and wants to be on the debate team as soon as she gets into high school. She told me that she loves having the guys in her class because she can argue with them and they want to argue back. She also said that her best friend is super boy crazy. I think that if I went to an all girls school when I was younger and got thrown into high school, I would not have a clue on how to get a boyfriend.
Rachelle1625

Pro

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you but sometimes it seems like a disruption to each gender. In elementary school, you learn the basics that pretty much help you forever in your life but in middle school you are learning lessons on how to succeed in high school and start thinking about your future life after high school. Both elementary and middle school is a major part in everyone's life because it is the basics and lifestyles to use for yourself as you get further in life.
bestfriendswithdebating

Con

bestfriendswithdebating forfeited this round.
Rachelle1625

Pro

Children should go to the same gender school because you are more focused and more aware of things that you could possibly do. If you go to a mixed gender school you seem to become much more competitive and you are not aware that you can be interested in the other gender. This can also interrupt your learning. As you get older and become more experienced with the outside world and you become a little more advanced and smarter.