Magee99
VampyIceMan

Should children attending Catholic schools be taught same sex marriage is wrong?

Magee99

Con

Children should be taught about how there are same sex couples but they should not be told it is unacceptable just because of their religion. I myself am religious but do not think a child should be persuaded to think such ways. They should be allowed to grow up knowing that there are same sex couples and later form their OWN opinion on the topic. I think gays should have rights. Religious people should also be free to teach their faith too but consider the diversity in opinions and backgrounds.
VampyIceMan

Pro

Here we go, this is my first debate in a while.

I myself am not a Catholic, but a Protestant Christian who does view the nature of homosexuality and the participation of gay sex as unbiblical, but that this is not in any way "unforgivable" or makes a homosexual any less human. In other words, God doesn't hate gays. With this out of the way, I'll post a short introduction

Assuming that the Catholic church will maintain a negative view of homosexuality (this may not be the case in the near future), I do believe that they have every right to uphold their doctrinal belief. While the student may be free to believe what they will, the faculty at the very least must teach the doctrine of the church, and thus that same sex marriage is wrong.
Magee99

Con

Magee99 forfeited this round.
VampyIceMan

Pro

VampyIceMan forfeited this round.
Magee99

Con

Magee99 forfeited this round.
VampyIceMan

Pro

It seems that you're no longer interested in arguing. I suppose this means that we're done.
Magee99

Con

Magee99 forfeited this round.
VampyIceMan

Pro

VampyIceMan forfeited this round.
Posted by thetomcatisalsoalawyer 1 year ago
thetomcatisalsoalawyer
And by the way, leave it to the Jews to make these ridiculous rules. Leave it to the Catholics to make their version of Judaism more tolerant. Leave it to the Protestants to butcher both versions, but enforce said ridiculous laws.
thetomcatisalsoalawyer
NO! It's just a hateful fear made be the ignorant, judgemental cockroaches that are the Christians!
Posted by Berend 1 year ago
Berend
Tempted to play Devils Lawyer.
Posted by Geogeer 1 year ago
Geogeer
Sooooo tempting, but I have to pass right now.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
How about you home school your kids so I can tell you you're wrong?