packers
fire_wings

Should children be allowed to play video games on a daily basis

fire_wings
Started: 1/26/2016 Category: TV

packers

Pro

I believe that children should be allowed to play video games on a daily basis because some video games are educational such as sports games like math adding and percentages.
fire_wings

Con

packers

Pro

My second reason to believe that children should be allowed to play video games on a daily basis is because of like on summer or Christmas vacation or any break they need something to do besides play outside or read or play board games all the time too much exercise can possibly lead to dehydration.
fire_wings

Con

Framework

I thank my opponent for his arguments. I will rebut them, make my own arguments. Debate about if children are allowed to play video games in a daily basis. I am Con, saying no. BoP is on Pro, or if you call it the burden of proof.

Preface/ Arguments

1. Time

What is the daily average of video games for children? It is 56 minutes. About 1/24 of your whole day. You sleep for 8 hours, 7 hours of school, that is 16 hours. You have another eight hours, and that is for DDO, or computer, and homework. This is day. Nothing special. Because of the games, the day goes quickly.

2. Damage

Playing video games damage your eyes [1] [2] [3]. It does tons of damage. You might be blind, then your life gets ad. You can't see the things you used to see. If we do not want these damages, vote for Con.

Rebuttals

1. Video games are educational.

6% of video games are educational. Also, almost no kids like educational games. You can do them anywhere. There is no need, and it is not effective because almost no one will use these educational video games.

2. Okay, I will quote his arguments.

"My second reason to believe that children should be allowed to play video games on a daily basis is because of like on summer or Christmas vacation or any break they need something to do besides play outside or read or play board games all the time too much exercise can possibly lead to dehydration."

Okay, the only thing they do is play outside? They can do much other things, and not play video games.

Thanks.

packers

Pro

I thank my opponent for that but some children can learn about failure a lot like when you lose a game but practice makes perfect
fire_wings

Con

My opponent concedes this round.

" I thank my opponent for that but some children can learn about failure a lot like when you lose a game but practice makes perfect"

This was his argument. He says that people can learn a lot and practice makes perfect when you lose in a game. The claim practice makes perfect is not correct. Even if I do a soccer match with Messi, I will never beat him even if I practice.

Then he says that he thanks me for that.

Vote Neg.
Vote Placed by Hayd 1 year ago
Hayd
packersfire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro drops both of Cons arguments and fails to respond to his opponents rebuttals. Thus, Con wins arguments.