Should children be allowed to watch or play viloent tv or games?

Started: 7/21/2013 Category: Technology

I think children should not be allowed to play or watch viloent games or tv because sometimes it can make them become viloent themselves e.g. hitting people @ school,swearing more,being agresive towards others e.c.t so thats why i think children should not be allowed to play or watch viloent tv or video games.

I think children should not be allowed to watch or play violent tv or games because it can make the child become very violent themselves e.g hitting, swearing & being abusive towards others, bulling other kids e.c.t.
so that why I think children should not be allowed to watch violent tv or play violent games.

How violent is too violent? Is Daffy Duck too violent? I assume my opponent means "Saw" and "COD" level violence.

My response:

In video games, the player's character can die a hundred times. Does this make the player happy to die? Does the player feel indifferent about their own death? Of course not.

In the same way, seeing someone shot in the face does not increase ones chances of being indifferent to someone shot in the face.

I am not allowed to play Call Of Duty (I am 14). My mother says that she cannot let me play the game without it disrupting her conscience. Though I do not agree with my mother, her reason is understandable. However, notice that nowhere in her reasoning does she include "It'll make you shoot the annoying kid down the street". Do you wanna know why she doesn't claim that that would happen?

Because I would have to be already crazy to be so suggestable that a video game would influence me in any significant way!
Back to you.

coolgal14 forfeited this round.

You okay?

I ask that voters to not count this forfeit unless he forfeits the next round.
Posted by zkeddari 3 years ago
In my opinion, Kumquatodor is gaining the upper hand due to the fact that he supplies reliable evidence for both factors. He/she is referring to past encounters in his life which makes the argument even richer.

As for coolgal14, he/she is supplying the same argument multiple times, while the person is providing a weak argument with feeble points.